Any Futura owners here? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
UFO

Any Futura owners here?

I'm trying to round up as many opinions on the Aprilia Futura as I can. If you have one, tell me what you think. Thanks!

Webmaster -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 07:11 AM

Cool

I demo'd a Futura back in June. I really liked it a lot. The bike made good power and handled well. The quality appears to be first rate as well. The wind protection and comfort were both better than my VFR. I have a 95 VFR and this is the first bike I see worth the additional investment to trade or purchase over my VFR. My girl friend sat on the back of one with me at Mid-Ohio and and said it had more space than the back of the VFR. I have yet to see one on the road but it won't be long.

I also rode a Mille with the wire cut and a race can. Wow is all I can say what a bike. It handled as well or better than any bike I have ever ridden. The power was good but not intimadating like a GSXR1000 or R1 can be. The comfort left a lot to be desired though.

Rick
NCVFR
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
UFO

Thanks for the reply. Hope to take a test ride this weekend on the Futura. I've pinged lots of people and read a bunch of articles and other than a little buzzing in bars at a certain RPM, no one has said anything negative about this bike. Thanks!

Webmaster -
|

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 10:11 AM

Thumbs up

I notice only some slight throbing in the bars. The vibration is not the high frequency buzz associated with a four but more a low frequency throbing. I guess many people think it feels good, it sure didn't bother me. I hope you enjoy a demo ride. I too am very interested in one but will most likely wait a year and a half. I am getting an 89 goldwing and building a new house this fall so funds are a little tight.

Rick
NCVFR
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
UFO

Thumbs up

Thanks! I have a test ride scheduled for this Saturday, including some highway riding.

Webmaster -
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode