Ergonomics VFR800FI vs. CBRF4I - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Cool Ergonomics VFR800FI vs. CBRF4I

Hey,
Does anyone know the difference of the ergonomics(seating position) on Honda VFR800FI vs the CBR600Fi. Are they really that different? Has anyone tried both bikes for long distance touring? Where can I find some actual numbers(ergos) for the two bikes?
I want to get the F4i but I will be doing some long range touring so I wanted to know if the comfort level is that different even if you add a corbin seat and helli-bars to the F4i.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 07:01 AM

Location: Mission Viejo, California, USA, Earth; no better place to be.
If you're going to add a corbin and heli's on an F4i, why not just get the VFR800? Unless price is a big concern or you want the excellent handling qualities of the F4i. Even then, putting Heli's on it will degrade SOME of its handling qualities. Mainly front end feedback.

You have to decide which is more important to you: sport riding or touring. If you do a lot of sport riding and occassionally go touring, the F4i would be better. If you do a lot of touring and commuting and just put a great deal of emphasis on comfort, the VFR800 would be better.

I say the above 'cause there is a great deal of difference between the two bikes. The VFR will be noticeably more comfy. And as the miles pile on when your touring, that becomes a BIG factor. The VFR will also give you greater wind and weather protection. It also has a center stand and an accurate fuel gauge. Plus, that single-sided swing-arm will be a Godsend if you have to remove your rear tire for repairs or replacement hundreds of miles from home. All of which makes a difference when you're traveling far for long periods. I'm not saying you can't tour on an F4i. You certainly can. All I'm saying is that the VFR is a better tourer, and the F4i is a better sport bike. Either way, you'll get a great motorcycle.

Last edited by Rogue_Biker; 07-20-2001 at 07:05 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 07:24 AM

I had a F4 and now I have a VFR. I could'nt have said it better than Rogue just did.

I havenít ridden a F4i but can honestly tell you that the VFR IS more powerful than the F4. The VFR is MUCH more comfy than the F4. The VFR is heavier than the F4 and the F4 is WAY more flickable, but the VFR is solid feeling and confidence inspiring.

I would still choose the VFR over the F4i, but thats me. I ride 50 miles round trip to work everyday, but still have fun in the twisties whenever I can

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 02:46 PM

Thumbs up

I too agree with the other posts. I haven't ridden the 600FI but I have ridden some other 600's. I prefer my VFR over the other 600's out there. The VFR just fits me! I use it for work and back in the city 40+ miles a day while going on mountian rides on the weekend with my wife on the back. The VFR gets 35 to high 40 miles to gal. and has a nice fuel gage. The V4 thumping power plant is just that! Just put a new highmount pipe on it and it will sound like no other bike out there plus allow the single sided swing arm to show it's self off. The bike may be a little heavy but it is real stable! (you also get used to the weight). Can't forget the center stand. The fit and finish of this bike is great. I would buy one again!!!

As for the 600's..... I would like one too, as long as I could keep my VFR!

ROCK ON.......
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zausser

As for the 600's..... I would like one too, as long as I could keep my VFR!
Thats my problem too! I want a new ________ , but I want to keep the VFR too

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

VFR on the track

Has anybody taken the VFR800 on the track?? How is the handling?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 03:10 PM

Thumbs up

From MotorCyclist (May 2002)

Distance from seat to bar / seat to peg / effective handlebar rise (from seat) all in inches

'98 VFR 800FI 28.8 / 18.1 / 6.1
'01 CBR600 F4i 27.7 / 17.8 / 4.9

Having ridden both, the F4 seems like it went thru the hot wash cycle and came out a little shrunk compared to the VFR. Kinda like comparing a BMW 3 series to the Lexus IS300. Fun to borrow, but 10% too small to live with on a daily basis. IMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode