US GP Laguna Seca - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
US GP Laguna Seca

Who else was on the edge of their seat watching that? What a race!! I hope I can score some tix to Indy. Even if it's only half as intense, it'll still be worth it.

Granted, after Stoner f*cked up, it was no contest, but that's the hardest I've seen Rossi fight in a while.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Please don't tell me that this has only just made it to the tv over there. I watched it live, in the comfort of my office.

Was a great race. Awesome seeing Casey and Rossi going elbow to elbow. Glad to see neither of them actually took out the other.

Two Aussies on the podium!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Strength and Honor

snake, if you're really looking for Indy tickets, PM me how many and how much you want to spend. I'm quite certain I could track some down (no pun intended).

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Cookee: I was busy on Sunday (they showed it live here as well) so I downloaded the Eurosport broadcast of it, and watched it Monday after work. Was watching it again last night, and felt like posting.

Kan: thanks, I'll let you know.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Xx954HxCafexX
and how about Spies and Hacking. AMA guys diceing it out with all them GP boys.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Strength and Honor

I was honestly concerned I would be bored at the race. To quite the contrary, I had a blast. There were more than a few passes and a good percentage of those were doors bein' slammed shut!

I really wanted to see the 250 race and was quite disappointed that the track designers/builders failed to construct it such that the rain shed off the surface. The reason for the delays wasn't the rain itself, but the standing water in apexes and entries I have pipe-dream hopes they'll fix those by next year, but given that part of the issue was the finish straight and that's part of the circle track, I doubt things will be improved there

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
I was honestly concerned I would be bored at the race. To quite the contrary, I had a blast. There were more than a few passes and a good percentage of those were doors bein' slammed shut!

I really wanted to see the 250 race and was quite disappointed that the track designers/builders failed to construct it such that the rain shed off the surface. The reason for the delays wasn't the rain itself, but the standing water in apexes and entries I have pipe-dream hopes they'll fix those by next year, but given that part of the issue was the finish straight and that's part of the circle track, I doubt things will be improved there

I cant see them improving the already f1 infield part. That thing was origionally built an oval to drain the water to the middle. now add a road course to the inside. Just cant see it happening without tearing up the whole infield. I did enjoy myself and the 125s were awesome to watch along with the gp guys. Hopefully next year the weather will be somewhat better. I was defentally impressed with how they handled the spectators, bike parking and the quality of the infield with all the rain. Everything stayed in great shape and they were constantly adding stone and woodchips to keep the mud down. Working hard on the track during all the rain.. Not the problems leugna seca had their first go around and all it can do is get better. Kudos to indy motor speedway and a 80000 attendence sunday isnt bad either..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Just threw this up on an Indy thread, but Ducati is giving away Weekend Passes to the two North American MotoGPs next season (Laguna Seca and Indianapolis). Figured I'd pass it along to any Southern Californians interested.

Peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode