Moto GP (New "Golden Haired Rider") - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Moto GP (New "Golden Haired Rider")

First of all I am an unabashed "Rossi Fan"(because he is a true champion) BUT;all weekend at Jerez Ducati/Stoner were stating this is not our best track we just cannot get bike to work. OK we all have those sort of times,but you do your best. Ducati did not perform better than hoped for(No shame). Did anyone notice after race in Pit Box Casey Stoner sitting there not talking to anyone and sulking. Not the mark of true champions.
Friar

Friar:cheers:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:37 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
IIRC, Nicky Hayden didn't seem in high spirits when he wasn't doing well in '07.

Besides, you can't expect everybody to be as happy-go-lucky as Rossi. He just knows he's the best!

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 AM
Strength and Honor

IIRC I'd read a CycleWorld article wondering out loud what the implications to the division would be if Rossi hung it up or moved on to something else. As I'm just coming to understand MotoGP its an interesting question.

I can understand the disappointed angle. When I'm playing competitively in a sport and am not up to my usual par, I get really quiet and introspective too. I'm told its often misunderstood as being pissy about other team members or particular circumstances. My point is that it would seem human nature to be reserved when you're having a tough time in competition, unless you're the kind who likes to shift blame. A leader won't do that

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
IIRC I'd read a CycleWorld article wondering out loud what the implications to the division would be if Rossi hung it up or moved on to something else. As I'm just coming to understand MotoGP its an interesting question.
I'm not sure what the duration of his current contract is, but I understand that he is taking a serious look at becoming more active in the WRC. He's also tested with Ferrari's Formula 1 program.
It would be a disappointment if he left MotoGP and might cause me to lose a lot of interest in it. I don't see anybody else out there that has the same experience and total skill as he does; not to mention he's a total showman when he wants to be. I don't know what to attribute his "slump" of the last 2 years to, but I would not be surprised to see him back on top of the podium a few times this year.
Quote:
I can understand the disappointed angle. When I'm playing competitively in a sport and am not up to my usual par, I get really quiet and introspective too. I'm told its often misunderstood as being pissy about other team members or particular circumstances. My point is that it would seem human nature to be reserved when you're having a tough time in competition, unless you're the kind who likes to shift blame. A leader won't do that
Especially when you had a race like Stoner did. Running off the track, coming back inside the top 10, only to run off the track again. Maybe it was the tires, or the setup or just rider error, but I doubt I'd be too chatty after a race like that.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:30 AM

If you think about it, Rossi little to gain by staying and more to loose each year.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
If you think about it, Rossi little to gain by staying and more to loose each year.
I don't necessarily agree with you there. He can't be hurting too bad, according to Sport's Illustrated in 2007 he was the 7th highest earning sports personality in the world and 2nd outside the United States. I'd like to see him win another championship before leaving the sport. Granted he's already left his mark, and his achievements in the sport will not be easily matched.

-Will Rogers
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Money is not an issue with Rossi. I don't think it ever has been. I think for him it's a matter of how much fun he's having plus his drive stay the best. Yamaha has struggled with this smaller engine. My opinion is that Rossi is very driven to prove that Yamaha can fix the bike and win a championship with it and he won't stop until that happens. They are making improvements. I think competition is his main driving force right now. He will have a contract to race cars whenever he's ready. He's still young so he can continue with motorcycles. He's not a crasher and never has been so health shouldn't be an issue.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 AM

I dont mean from the money stand point, I meant from a fame stand point. If he wins another championship, it will be somewhat expected. If he looses, whomever wins will get much greater honors

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 06:44 AM

It would be difficult to get more famous than he is so losing fame is the only real thing that could happen to him but I don't think he will lose much. Then again, I don't think he cares either.

I would say he is driven solely by personal satisfaction now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode