WTF!! honda cheated during the daytona 200 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
WTF!! honda cheated during the daytona 200

copied from another site.

To win the daytona 200

Hayes Disqualified From Daytona 200 For Illegal Crankshaft Modifications
Mar 08, 2008

Copyright 2008, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

From a press release issued by AMA Pro Racing at 10:50 p.m. Eastern Time:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Josh Hayes was disqualified from today’s Daytona 200 following a customary and mandatory technical inspection of the top three finishers’ motorcycles in the Daytona 200, round one of the AMA Formula Extreme Series.

Upon this inspection, a technical infraction was found. The #1 Erion Racing Honda CBR600RR’s crankshaft was polished, surface treated and metal was removed from it. This is in violation of the 2008 AMA rulebook section 5.4, the text of which can be seen below.

Page 47: Rulebook Section 5.4
5.4 Multi-cylinder liquid cooled engines The following engine components may not be altered from the originally homologated model except as noted:

b. Homologated crankshaft
1. Bearing surfaces may be polished or surface treated.

In addition, two other motorcycles were randomly picked to undergo technical inspections.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Doesn't make much sense to me why teams in upper echelons of racing try to bend the rules. They know that if the modifications provide the advantage they are hoping for (aka, a win) they are going to be subjected to complete technical inspections. So what's the point?

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 07:15 AM

Cool, that puts the Kawasaki's of Chaz Davies and Steve Rapp in 1st and 2nd. Go Green!

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrider View Post
Cool, that puts the Kawasaki's of Chaz Davies and Steve Rapp in 1st and 2nd. Go Green!

I have a red Kawasaki, but yeah.....Go Green! Go Attack Kawasaki!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 AM

Yea that is good news. I am a yamaha owner but I felt bad for Steve Rapp for the pit mishap. I am also a Duhamel fan but come on already. A rider that has been around as long as Duhamel should know the rules by now and if he dont, I would expect his team to know the rules.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 06:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to rezrider
Question Rossi

Why does Valention Rossi suck now?

rezrider
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonRR View Post
copied from another site.

Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. Especially from Roadracing World. The Editer will get pissed. Just post the link to the story.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM

The Honda riders probably have no clue about the engine internals in their bikes so the riders knowing the rules is not an issue. That being said, the team knows the rules. The pro riders know the on track and pit road rules. The rest they are probably fuzzy on.

Basically what's happening is that the new bosses at AMA Pro Racing are inforcing rules that were overlooked in past seasons. Honda claims that the cranks in the 200 had the same treatment as last year's cranks. They were illegal last year but apparently the AMA officials just turned a blind eye to it. That's old school AMA Pro Racing. It appears the new Sheriff in town is going to follow the rules.

The riders are the ones penalized because that's the way the rule reads but they team in reality is responsible for this. The riders are paid to ride, not take care of engines and bike legality.

Don't think that the upper echelon teams don't bend the rules. Most push the limit. Hell if ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin hard enough.

Valentine Rossi doesn't suck. His bike does.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Smile

Wow..that's really screwed up. I'm happy for team green.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to rezrider
Ok Rossi is still great I recant my earlier statement...

rezrider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode