What's the 411 on Racing? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

What's the 411 on Racing?

I just came across a 250cc race on the tele (cant believe how fast they go on a 250) and just wanted some info on the different classes (cc's), different leagues, when its usually on T.V., if Yamaha is any good at racing, etc. I know this is a very broad question but Id like to start watching, and I hate being out of the loop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 03:57 PM

You must be talking about the 250 Class in GP. Quick little bikes. I don't watch alot of the 250 races, but in MotoGP Yamaha is right at the top, they can't help but be with Valentino Rossi on one.

MotoGP official site

Speed TV, get all your racing schedules

The three major series that I keep up with are World Superbike, MotoGP and AMA Superbike/Supersport/Formula Extreme. They're all shown on Speed TV.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 05:01 PM

AMA Superbike, World Superbike and MototGP are probably the 3 biggest series' there are with British and Australian Superbike right behind them.

The 250s of course are powerful 2 strokes. I haven't been to WSB races since the early 90s so I'm not sure if they still run the 2 strokes as support classes or not. They probably do since 2 stroke street bikes are legal there. The AMA stopped running 2 strokes not too long ago. Most US club racing organizations have some 2 strokes running including the 250s and the 125s.

MotoGP championship was all 2 strokes just a few years ago. Now the top bikes are 990cc 4 strokes but the 125cc and 250cc 2 strokes are still big in that series and they produce some great racing.

Yamaha holds its own in pretty much every series. Especially MotoGP.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, Ive been watching some of the AMA racing, pretty cool. Havent seen too much of any other racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode