Rossi n GP - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Rossi n GP

Well, with Rossi leaving Yamaha in 07, who do you guy's think will be the new GP king?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 05:56 PM

I don't thimk anyone will dominate GP as Rossi has done. but then again that remains to be seen.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 09:26 AM

rossi is leaving just yamaha or the sport entirely??

if rossi is retiring then i would imagine it being gibernau who reigns supreme. biaggi sucks to much.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RealRacer2305
rossi is leaving just yamaha or the sport entirely??

if rossi is retiring then i would imagine it being gibernau who reigns supreme. biaggi sucks to much.

Rossi may retire in '07 from Moto GP.

Gibernau will not be the new king if he can't get his emotions under control. He's becoming the new Biaggi. However, I think the Ducati team w/ Gibernau and Capirossi could be the team to beat in '06 & '07.

Melandri is most likely to be the heir to the throne if he keeps the pace. He's been Rossi's best competitor and even though HRC is refusing him the same treatment reserved for their factory riders (Hayden and Pedrosa) he's likely to continue his dominance.

It will be interesting to see how Dani Pedrosa adapts to the bigger bikes. He was genius on the 250, but the GP bike is an entirely new animal. I guess we'll see.

James Ellison has been offered a Ducati ride next year. It will be interesting to see how he performs on the Italian monster.

I think the real shocker will be Nicky Hayden who, along with Melandri, may be the class of the field in '06 & '07. He's gained tons of momentum and confidence after winning at Laguna Seca. His second place at Valencia just behind Melandri may be a sign of things to come.

Last edited by slaintedan; 11-21-2005 at 02:41 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 11:49 PM

Sete Gibernau is a good rider but he has lost her chance.
He isnt a winner rider...
Dani Pedrosa I think will be a "successor".
MOTOGP 06 Rossi will win again!

Hi from Spain!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 06:02 AM

I completely agree with your comments about Hayden. He is young, focused, and wants to win as much as anyone on the grid...and with HRC backing him every step of the way, look out.

I do believe the Ducati line-up will be hard to handle this year. Don't bet the farm on these last tests at Sapang, but wow! Sete and Loris are down right FLYING on those machines!

My
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 06:28 AM

About time. Rossi is really ruining the sport, taking all the competition out of racing... You can skip every race for a year and you still know who is winning, by a sagnificant lead.
Hope Hayden kicks all of their asses If not him, then anyone else with a last name I dont have to wonder how to pronounce

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Melandri and Nicky!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 07:09 PM

I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in 07, due to new rule changes, and the fact that Rossi may or may not be there. ect.

One thing is for sure..Melandri will at the front as long as he has a competitive bike. With the new additions to MotoGP...who knows what the future has in store

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:38 AM

All these racing talk...only if we can watch the race on Speed Channel since their program line up has non of the GP racing scheduled except for more of that NASCAR crap. Yes, the speed channel has pulled the MOTO GP racing this year.

Back to the topic;
> For Pedrosa this season will be his learning year getting accustomed to his newly rebuilt bike just for him. No real threat but next year for sure.

> Although Sete is riding a strong Ducati this year he'll still have to get used to the bike as well. Ducati is not as refine as Honda which he was very comfortable in. Hopefully he snaps out of whatever it was and not gets spooked again.

> Nicky; he'll have to be consistent throughout not just at Laguna track. I predict that he will do just that this year. I also think he finally came around and now he’s very comfortable on his RC211V.

> Mad "Max": Pussy! Does he even have a ride this year? I’ve heard he was trying to make a deal with one of the satellite Honda team but Honda was not having it.

IMO, typical podium finishes this year will be:

1) Rossi
2) Nicky
3) Sete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode