Jordan Motorsports????? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Jordan Motorsports?????

I'm sure a lot of you know that Michael Jordan has his own racing team in the AMA but I just found out recently(new to the scene) What do all of you think about it? One of the riders(steve rapp) seemed to be an okay rider but that Montez Stewart guy seems like a waste of time imo. Is the Jordan crew any good or should they just pack it up and call it a day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:44 PM

The Jordan team is competitive for this being their first year. It is very rare for a privateer team to get on the podium, so you can only compare the Jordan team to other privateers. I think his team is just as good or better with results. Jordan could get a better rider(s) but I don't know who. I think he has the money to improve, but this is all the guy wanted.

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 PM

Team Jordon has 3 riders Montez Stewart, Steve Rapp & Jason Pridmore. Jason was seriously injured earlier in the season. I believe he lost his spleen. His first race back was at Laguna Seca.IMO I think that Rapp & Priedmore are very good riders. I don't really know thier background, but I do know that Jason has alot of experience racing. Yeah Montez has really been struggling this year. Just go to amasuperbike.com They'll have all the collective stats of the races as well as individual stats for the year.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 10:51 PM

If Michael Jordan wants to get into racing, he is getting into it to win. I am sure he will have a competitive team and he has unlimited money to fund it, which gives his team a distinct advantage.

I think it will be great for the sport, I am not sure there are any other persons of color who own motorcycle race teams, certainly none of his notariety. He is putting his foot forward, hopefully other persons of color will follow in the ownership ranks. If he puts his stamp on it, it is good.

Who wouldn't want to work for Michael Jordan?

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Yah no doubt Fuster, his team has some of his former bball sponsors like Gatorade, Upper Deck, etc. according to the AMA site so that'll generate some extra money. I wounder if he'll ever get onto the scence as a rider???????probably not but that would be cool to have a celebrity race for charity or something. do they already so that tho?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 09:36 AM

Michael J. has too much value in one piece to ever get on a race bike, that's my feeling. Think of Nike alone, what he has generated for them. Put him on the cover of any magazine, the circulation instantly doubles, triples, who knows? Still, after this long out of his Bulls uniform.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 08:01 PM

I just saw on superbikeplanet.com that the rumor is Roger Lee Hayden may ride for Jordon next year.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 09:26 AM

Jordan has been riding for a very long time. In his own words, he stopped riding because basketball was a priority. As he (finally) retired from B'ball he got back into riding, out onto the track, and hooked up with Pridmore. As he became a regular attendee of Pridmore's track days they started tossing around the idea of starting a team. A couple years later and here it is, Jordan Motorsports.

While I doubt you'll ever see Jordan compete in any AMA event, he does ride regularly at track days and is a fairly talented rider. His physical size (and less so, his age) would likely prevent him from ever being competitive, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I wonder when the Jordan Motorsports brand of riding gear will become available? He's already got his own clothing line, why not this too?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Some pics of JMS at Mid-Ohio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1380.jpg (168.6 KB, 122 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
I think Pridmore had some problems this weekend too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1381.jpg (229.4 KB, 123 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode