Laguna Seca Motogp - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Laguna Seca Motogp

US motogp LAGUNA.Who will be the winner?
Edwards,Hayden or Rossi?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, Rossi, by 30 seconds.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 02:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
not so far! go nicky!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
WOOO!!!!! 1&2 for the americans!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Though experience have something to do with it, I think Edwards followed by Hayden worked the hardest. Edwards came all the way from 5th or 6th and managed to pass Rossi and stay there until the end, that took a lot of heart. And Hayden led every lap, that's pretty consistent, even Rossi acknowledge how fast Hayden has become. Well Rossi may win the championship, but at least we know he's beatable more than ever. By the way, what is up with him standing on the pegs and scratching his balls every time?

Go Moto GP!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 08:20 PM

A pretty good race, but it was quite obvious that Rossi wasn't riding close to his limit. On an unfamiliar track I think that he was more than happy to bag the points considering his lead in the championship. Incidentally, my money was on Edwards for the win having watched him push the limits at Laguna in his SBK days. Good to see the Yanks getting a dose of MotoGP, bring on Phillip island!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Hayden:BRAVO!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Im not suprised Hayden won at all. He is one of the best in GP, but he is limited on track time in Europe when compared to the guys who grew up doing 125 and 250's.

I am really suprised by Rossi, if it really is true that the only time he has seen Laguna before this weekend was playing Playstation.

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 AM

what a race...awesome for Hayden, got his 1st win and hopefully many more to come! Much respect to Edwards as well, who had some issues with his setup but still took 2nd. I know I will be in attendance next year, can't wait!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 PM

I saw the race live. It was awsome. Hayden proved knowing the track is really important. I was hoping this would be the proof for that case by one of the American's winning. Track knowledge has been an advantage Rossi has had over Hayden and Edwards for years. Rossi raced the same GP tracks when he raced 125GP and 250GP and has several more years experience than Hayden and Edwards (less an issue for Edwards since some of the WSB tracks are the same as GP tracks).

It is Hayden who has had the track knowlege dissadvantage at every other location so it was a good thing to finally see the tables turned.

In this race Rossi was riding his best and it was Hayden who was in control the whole way. He had almost a half second advantage in Qualifying and rode well below his best the whole race, only going faster when they closed within 2 seconds of him.

BTW I read in the local paper that Rossi said after the race he did not hold back for any reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode