anyone follow F1? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

anyone follow F1?

This season is very exciting, especially when you compare it to last year's uneventful season. anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

ha! guess not.

nevermind.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 04:22 PM

I just joined this site last week, and love talking about F1 on other websites. I don't mind joining your discussion, seeing how no one else does.

I am so excited to go to F1 this year at Indianapolis for the third time. I am so glad that Michael is not owning up this year, however the new regulations annoy me greatly how I feel that they are trying to destroy F1 ( such as Kimi blowing his tire last week because he was not allowed to switch tires when he burnt a whole earlier in the race).

Alonso is just pulling Renault along so much this year with his numerous victories. It will be a great race this year as I hope either Kimi or Alonso wins.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

well holy crap! excellent, glad to hear you're also a fan!

I've been to Indy past few years, and Montreal once. I'm skipping this year, because I thought it was still going to be Ferrari domination, but damn was that a poor choice on my part! Tix and accommodations for Montreal/Indy are far too expensive now that I've waited (both are same distance from me). I'll have to settle for speed channel live for this season... Next year I'm 100% going to Montreal, the track is much better than Indy - as far as challenging and interesting, obviously the Indy facility is much much better. Montreal is a great party city too, and one of only 2 F1 races where the drivers really go out and party it up that weekend (monaco the other).

I'm so glad to see alonso going well, although I'm rooting for Kimi because in my opinion he is driving better and I simply love their car. more later, ive gotta get back to work!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:08 PM

i went to indy last year. drove 15 hours and i was well worth it!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

I'm dying to see next week's Indy F1 GP, and there are rumors that Scott Speed might be picking up the 2 or 3 driver spot for Red Bull Racing. Is there a slight chance that I might be able to finally cheer for an American F1 driver???

Meanwhile, Canada was great as always - the carbon brakes exploding left and right show how ridiculous that track is on the cars. I'm hoping Kimi can chase Alonso's points lead down over the next few races but we will see...

Also, anyone else think CBS commentary is terrible? Derek Daly blabbers on and on and seems to me as extremely opinionated in his views. IMHO, nothing beats the crew over at SPEED except that they should maybe add Alain DeCadenet because I think he could do a great job as another voice from experience.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

WOW. I know this is a sportbike board, but sorry to anyone who watched the USGP at Indy yesterday. What a garbage event and a total farce! I feel sorry for all the fans that were there, and damn I'm glad I didn't go... that's the end of my rant.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 AM

Yeah, that race was pretty ridiculous. It was funny when it started, but quickly got boring after the second lap. It looks like the Michelin teams will be penalized for breaking the rules. I wonder what penalties will be handed to Michelin.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

kinda funny - I was at the Ferrari Club of America / New England Region, annual car show fundraiser in Hartford, CT watching the race... when only Ferrari started on the grid, all of the Ferrari owners starting cheering and high-fiving, it was hilarious. I say that race sucked, but damn if I got to drive home in an Enzo it would have made my day brighter!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 11:15 PM

French GP is this weekend. Hope things turn up better than 2 weeks ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode