Rossi/Gibernau incident... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: What do you think about Rossi's pass on Gibernau?
It was totally clean, rubbing is racing! 10 38.46%
Rossi was wrong, excessive, and needs to be spanked. 1 3.85%
Gibernau screwed up and left the door open. 9 34.62%
Rossi needs to learn how to play well with others. 2 7.69%
Gibernau needs to learn not to leave the door open on the last lap. 11 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Question Rossi/Gibernau incident...

So, what did you think about Rossi's "aggressive" pass on Gibernau in the last corner?

(you can vote more than once)

As far as I'm concerned, it was a clean pass. Gibernau left a huge door open, Rossi stepped through and came out the winner. If Sete had not taken that last corner so wide and stayed tight into the turn he would have had a much better argument had Rossi still ducked underneath him. As it was, Rossi did what any champion does...he found a way to win.

I really like Mat Mladin's comments on the subject:

"I can't finish up without bringing up the pass Rossi put on Gibernau that made all the headlines. It took me a few weeks to get over the fact that it was such a major ordeal. Gibernau left the door open and Rossi wanted the win more than Gibernau. That's as much as anybody should look into it. The fact that Gibernau urged on the crowd when Rossi was being booed shows his make up. The fact that Rossi loved it showed his. Rossi is only guilty of having more desire to win than most. Gibernau showed his true colors at the next race when he crashed after a light shower of rain. Waving his arms at the corner marshals and who ever else he could see. I guess it was their fault that he crashed? He screwed up, and should take it like a man.

There have been a few incidents over here of the same nature. The most recent being between two-team mates at Barber. One ran off the track and the other took advantage of it. The post race comments seem to indicate that the guy behind should not have stuck his wheel in the gap even though he was the only one on the racetrack, rather, he was supposed to wait for his team-mate to re enter the track. I don't think so. The door was open after a mistake was made. The gap was filled and the guy who made the mistake came out worse. Why is it always someone else's fault? When the light goes green it's Mano a Mano."

We all say that "Rubbing is racing," but none of us like it when we get rubbed. If you're gonna race, you're gonna swap paint, and a few other things, such is racing. If you can't take the heat...

Last edited by slaintedan; 05-07-2005 at 05:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 02:01 PM

Yeah I read what Matt said too... and like you I agree... Sete made a mistake... and Rossi did what he does best.... take advantage and win... I'm sure if the rolls were reversed... or if Sete had still pulled off the win somehow... that you wouldn't have heard one word about it... from either Gibernau or Rossi... like Matt's comments.... that's just his (Rossi) true colors...

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 07:22 PM

Isn't racing more fun when there is a bit of rubbing? It always was when I raced.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 01:53 PM

Sete was wrong in the last curve and Rossi made good use of it.
Any good rider had made it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR_rob
Isn't racing more fun when there is a bit of rubbing? It always was when I raced.
What you did in the pits after hours is your own business.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 02:55 PM

Sete should have got a foul temper when he is riding!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 05:36 PM

F**K Gibernau

I have never met a more arrogant prick than this guy in the pits. This was in his home country of Spain also! Barely acknowledges fans and seems like a well off mama's boy to me.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 05:39 PM

Re: F**K Gibernau

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunlop
I have never met a more arrogant prick than this guy in the pits...
Yeah, but he sure knows how to dump a bike, hey? How many races has he actually finished this year???

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 07:56 PM

No wins this year but 4 second places not that i'm sticking up for him but when he's on fire it's a great battle to watch his against Rossi personally I don't like him & my wife thinks he is a mumma's sooky boy unfortunaty Rossi is a different matter, I have to wear a Rossi face mask just to get any...and i thought Rossi was as ugly as a hat full of arseholes had a face like a smashed crab, however he's still a friggin legend.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rooboy
...I have to wear a Rossi face mask just to get any...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode