Motorcycle Racing Channel - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Motorcycle Racing Channel

Hey guys, I get bunch of lame 120 channels on Direct TV. Just wondering what channels do they show Moto GP, AMA, or other motorcycles associated racing? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 03:09 AM

Speedvision/speedtv and sometimes the outdoor channel, espn rarely. at www.speedtv.com go to schedule, filter for motorcycles and time zone and you can get a months programing printed on 1-2 pages. don't know if espn or oln have the same feature, probably do.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I have the Speed Channel. So they're the only ones on cable/Direct TV that show most superbike racing? That really limits the options...

Great.... there's gonna be "AMA Supersport Series" at 3 am eastern , thanks for the tip.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 11:11 PM

Yah, sometimes the scheduling sucks. I'm getting Tivo soon so I can just set it to record anything motorcycle related and then go back and filter out the chopper crap.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2004, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I watched it yesterday. It's a little tedious, every 1 min of footage, there's 3-4 mins of commericial. I had to bear with it for an hour. And then most of the day, it's choppers, or NASCAR, or muscle car. Im tired of watching chopper and muscles in the discovery channel. And NASCAR racing are on every other channels. Plus the OLN channel pretty much offers bicycle racing all day.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 04:58 AM

Yah, record it one way or another and fast forward through the commercials.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 PM

... were it not for the commercials , you would be paying $200 a month for your TV reception !
... file under ... necessary evils
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 01:17 AM

Oh I understand why they're there but that doesn't mean I have to watch them. I don't pay attention to'em when they're on anyway. I'm a very independent thinker anyway, hard to influence too. That's why I drink Coke, wear Nike's, drive a Kawi, use Oakley, believe my wife needs a new diamond or she won't love me, know what to do about "that not so fresh feeling", can remember 16 DIFFERENT jinges for McDonalds......................................... ..............

Besides, I'd only pay 20 bucks a month since I'd only get CNN, Fox news, Discovery, TLC, and Speed.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

LOL, I pay a little over $40.00 for Direct TV's uselss 120 channels. I only watch about a handful of them, may be this new speed channel, which I never knew I had, will make it my 10th channel to watch. Uh, gotta love the entertainment industries, all the good stuff, movie channels and pay per views, cost a "little" extra.

But while watching the Speed Channel, though I understand the reason for commericials, it's the editing of the races I could not bear. All the crashes, passes, it was more like climax or meat of a good novel, without the introduction or rising action. And I ended up wondering, what the hell happend?

But I am astounded, kids that are younger than me, risking their life and having the time of their life racing 600s in Laguna Seca. So I only catch the late hours reruns, otherwise, all day it's mucle car this or wind tunnel that. lol.

So, what does it take for someone to get media coverage, racing in Laguna Seca?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 02:53 PM

I don't particularly care for Speed Channel. Way too much emphasis on NASCAR. What is needed is a motorcycle channel that would cover all facets of motorcycle racing, and would include things like motorcycle tests and comparisons. Let Speed Channel be the car channel. It could even have documentaries like how motorcycles were used in war (The Germans had motorcycle equipped companies and battalions during World War II that they used for reconnaissance, as did the Russians and the French. As the war went on, however, the motorcycle units were phased out and replaced by four wheeled and tracked vehicles).

I think the only way this could be brought about would be for the AMA, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW, MZ, Ducati, Aprilia, and Triumph, as well as someone like Mr. Barber, of the Barber Motorsports Park, to put up the cash to support it. Right now, coverage of motorcycles and motorcycle racing by Speed Channel is unsatisfactory and change is needed to rectify the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode