Bayliss warns MotoGP rivals - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Bayliss warns MotoGP rivals

SUMMARY: ***image1:right*** Troy Bayliss has warned his new MotoGP rivals to expect "trouble" next season after his switch from World Superbikes.

The Australian was pipped for the Superbikes title this year after Colin Edwards stormed back in the second half of the season.

Bayliss will race for Ducati in MotoGP next season, and is now testing at Phillip Island.

---

Click the link below to read the full story.

http://www.motozine.com/article_146.php

Post your comments below.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 08:32 PM

In light of the circumstances...this is actually kinda funny...and yet ballzy too... One thing about Troy is, he's a fighter, and ya know he ain't affraid to mix it up out there.......

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 05:25 PM

bayliss is such an ass, i hope nicky and edwards take it to his ass

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 07:15 PM

Bayliss is a jerk. Even though they are on 4 strokes, I don't think he stands a chance to be in the top 5 at the end of the season. And even though I love to wave the Red/White and Blue, Nicky and Colin will be riding hard just to keep up. My votes for Rossi again this year. But good luck to the Americans!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 05:52 PM

Bayliss

I think you all have the wrong end of the stick, look at this from Bayliss's point of view. New bike, New team, New tracks, I'd say he's in the box seat what has he got to prove? this year will be a learning year so no pressure.

But what if the bike is up to spec from the start and reliable to allow him to finish a GP he can go for broke and Ducati will be accumulating race data all the time, Rossi on the other hand has everything to loose and considering all the other teams see Honda/Rossi as the bench mark why not have a crack.

Their is no denying the talent of Bayliss or Edwards or anyone in MOTO GP for that matter but I think this year could be the most exciting to date as no one really knows how quick anyone is despite the test day results.

Racing is like Poker you dont show your hand till you have to I would not be surprised to see either Bayliss or Edwards on the podium before the seasons end ! Guess we will just have to wait.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sly10man
bayliss is such an ass, i hope nicky and edwards take it to his ass
Bayliss is probably one of the nicest guys ever to hit the MotoGP paddock..
Colin has shown some talent, but Nicky has somehow managed to make the RCV look like a slow piece of shite!!!

Sepang Times:
Valentino Rossi, ITA Repsol Honda 2m 02.65s 55 laps
Nicky Hayden, USA Repsol Honda 2m 05.47s 60 laps
& 2m04.0s For Bayliss (on a brand new bike)

The closest Hayden will get to Bayliss is when he gets lapped.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 05:56 PM

damn, if bayliss is the nicest, i would hate to see those other f##king assholes
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 07:28 PM

I met Bayliss at Laguna Seca. He's the coolest, most down-to-earth guy you'll ever meet. BTW, he wasn't talking out his ass either. 5th place at Suzuka, a track he has no experience on, riding a bike that's brand-freakin' new, is just phenomenal. Honda and Rossi have to be worried about Ducati. They're obviously lower on the development curve (and on the steeper part of it as well) and Capirossi and Bayliss still finish 3rd and 5th, respectively. To add insult to injury, Loris led the first few laps of the race and showed that the Duc definitely has the same or more power than Rossi's Repsol Honda. Once the chassis gets more in tune we will start seeing Ducati winning races. I'm looking forward to watching this David vs. Goliath story pan out.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mashuri
I met Bayliss at Laguna Seca. He's the coolest, most down-to-earth guy you'll ever meet. BTW, he wasn't talking out his ass either. 5th place at Suzuka, a track he has no experience on, riding a bike that's brand-freakin' new, is just phenomenal. Honda and Rossi have to be worried about Ducati. They're obviously lower on the development curve (and on the steeper part of it as well) and Capirossi and Bayliss still finish 3rd and 5th, respectively. To add insult to injury, Loris led the first few laps of the race and showed that the Duc definitely has the same or more power than Rossi's Repsol Honda. Once the chassis gets more in tune we will start seeing Ducati winning races. I'm looking forward to watching this David vs. Goliath story pan out.
I think it is awesome how well they did out of the box. It will be interesting to see how well they develop.

I have never met Bayliss personally but know people that have worked with him and they all speak of what a great guy he is. He is confident for a good reason. Ducati did their homework on this GP bike.

They are still going to get their asses handed to them by Rossi but it isn't going to be a cakewalk for the Honda.

Nicky did a damn good job running from the back row up to 7th for the finish. As long as he finishes races and places in the top 10 he will learn and be a force next season. Hopkins did a nice job on the slow ass Suzuki. I was disappointed in Suzuki. I expected their bikes to be faster this year. It is just one race though. Have to give Edwards credit for making the Aprilia look respectable. He will like put that thing on the podium before year's end.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 06:08 PM

Great race for Ducati. Loris had a great race, and Troy did exceptionally well in his rookie ride. I thought Colin in particular did a fantastic job coming in front of a host of GP regulars.
I don't know what the hell is going on at Suzuki, Haga fell off and still beat both of them! I think a Mladin wildcard ride may offer them some helpful feedback.
Yamaha could do with throwing out a few riders, Checa, Jaque and Nakano need to lift their game or get a job flipping burgers.
Kawasaki could probably pick up a second a lap by ditching the Dunlops, (and maybe giving Eric a go )

And Kato's crash was an absolute tradgedy. I've seen one report saying that even if he does live, he'll be paralysed from the nose down. All the best to his family and friends at this time, I just hope the Suzuka ppl get their sh*t together and make the track a little safer.

Last edited by BobbyDazzler; 04-09-2003 at 04:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode