Rossi vs Barrows - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Question Rossi vs Barrows

Watching Alex Barrows riding the new V-5, I think he would have been a contender for the title if he had been on that bike from the start. Iím new to Moto GP so, I donít have any background information on the guy. This could be his best year ever. I donít know. Just seems Honda held this bike until Rossi was sure to win the championship. Reminds me of the tricks pulled by Ferrari in F1. Next year should be really fun to watch!

Give your opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 02:29 PM

Yeah, watching Barros ride the V-5 really gets you thinking about "what if..." The guy is an animal on the brakes and has almost instantly proven himself on the big Honda.

Hate to jump the gun after seeing him in just a few races but it certainly looks like Alex would have made it interesting for sure. At least he's making Rossi earn it every race now.

Interesting theory about Honda holding off until Rossi had it in the bag...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 04:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
barros has always been a fast guy. when schwantz and him were team mates there were times that he was faster than schwantz (something few of his team mates could ever say). the problem was barros wasn't consistantly faster. he went from factory rider to support rider because he wasn't there week in and week out.

mick doohan made a statement about luca cadalora (sorry for the spelling) a few years ago that i think applies to barros.

when his head is right, he is the fastest guy on the track.

luca was less consistant and imo, faster than barros. but it's just a great (para-phrased) quote.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode