EDWARDS to Aprilia - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation EDWARDS to Aprilia

Well, if a news alert on motorcycle.com is to be believed, Edwards himself has stated that he and Aprilia have agreed to terms, and he is now an Aprilia "Cube" pilot.

I dunno about you all, but I think MotoGP is going to be some awesome racing next season with all the new 4-strokes and racers like Rossi, Biaggi, Hayden, and Edwards mixin' it up. Can't wait 'til next year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 03:08 PM

Honda F#*KED UP.

Edwards Confirms He's With Aprilia for 2003
edwards attains lifelong dream of gp ride
by dean adams
Wednesday, October 16, 2002
Reigning world Superbike champion Colin Edwards II confirmed moments ago that he will ride for Aprilia in Grand Prix next year, shunning a Honda offer that would have put him on a V5.

"I'm done," Edwards stated, "I'm with Aprilia for next year and I'm pumped. I leave a week from today to go to Italy to see the race shop and get ready."

The team will be on Michelin tires, according to Edwards. "Michelin did not want to risk losing me and all the inside knowledge I have to Bridgestone. We'll be getting the best Michelins they make in MotoGP."

Edwards detailed what his two offers were. "I had the opportunity to go to GP with my old Castrol team. We would have had a great team, but we would have been about seventh on Honda's list, and we'd been on Bridgestone tires. I don't know. It was a hard choice to make, but I had to do it."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:21 PM

Rumour has it that Haga may be Edwards GP team mate.
I just hope Nori can adapt to Michelins this time round.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode