Final race---WSB---Holy CRAP! (Results Inside) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Final race---WSB---Holy CRAP! (Results Inside)

Just watched the final race for the WSB season. I was so glad to see Colin pull it off! I was screaming so loudly that my roomate came from the other end of the house to see what was going on. What a fantastic race 1&2! And what about the supersport race?! Holy crap on that one too! Oh, I'm exhausted. Collin is great and he deserved the win. Such a nice guy.

Last edited by FZR400Tony; 10-02-2002 at 03:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 03:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i taped both races last night.

i didn't which guy won. i like bayliss, but i thought it would be nice for colin to win. american, getting screwed by honda, etc.

they battled like two men on a mission.

btw, i had to edit your subject line...someone may have tivo or something.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

btw, i had to edit your subject line...someone may have tivo or something

lol... no problem. I guess I never thought of Tivo.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 09:27 AM

Watched the race for the second time last night and I was still on the edge of my seat! Did you hear the men calling the race? Even they were out of their seats!

That was racing at it's finest. The skill, strategy, and clean racing were incredible.

Glad to see Colin win but both men are class acts. Both were deserving.

I only wish Honda didn't screw Colin on the GP ride. Then we could have seen he and Bayliss take their battle to the GP's!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 10:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Quote:
Originally posted by R1pilot
Watched the race for the second time last night and I was still on the edge of my seat! Did you hear the men calling the race? Even they were out of their seats!

That was racing at it's finest. The skill, strategy, and clean racing were incredible.

Glad to see Colin win but both men are class acts. Both were deserving.

I only wish Honda didn't screw Colin on the GP ride. Then we could have seen he and Bayliss take their battle to the GP's!
i think i went deaf a few times. when bayliss or edwards (even hodgson early on) would pass each other, or get all crossed up. i was on the end of my seat. i couldn't even hear what they were saying. i was just in awe. those guys were so good.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 10:35 AM

Speaking of the supersport, how about the pile up at the end. I can't remember who it was but I think it was the guy who's engine blew in the first place, ends up with his back against the corner wall and looks up just in time to duck the next bike thats flying straight at his head. The announcers didn't seemed that thrilled but man it hit the wall about 2 inches above him, awefully close to a decapitation if you ask me.

Last edited by Wally; 10-02-2002 at 02:48 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 10:47 AM

Colin lives near here and some of us get together to welcome him home at the airport. He deserves better.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 02:29 PM

I saw the Supersport race. Wasn't that at Assen though? Yeah, the guy's motor completely let go and allkinds of carnage followed.

I did see the rider you're talking about get tossed into the safety barriers and only seconds later an air born bike fly into the spot he just left. Unreal...

About Colin and Honda, I've heard some rumblings that maybe Honda is actually considering him for a GP ride now????
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 10:26 AM

I have to agree that was one of the best races of the year. It was nice at the end during the interview to see that they actually like eachother too.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smoke Eater
I have to agree that was one of the best races of the year. It was nice at the end during the interview to see that they actually like eachother too.
Troy Baylis is one of best riders in motorcycle racing. He also has a personality that shows he is very mature and well liked by many fans, and the motorcycle racing community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode