2003 MotoGP - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 2003 MotoGP

The 2003 MotoGP looks to be the most exciting...EVER!!!
We will have a total of 4 American Riders. How long has it been since we've seen that? If, ever!
Honda will have, probably, the best stable of riders in Rossi, Biaggi and HAYDEN.
John Hopkins will, most likely, be on a Honda as well.
Roberts on the Suzuki.
And, Eric Bostrom on the Kawasaki(at select events).
Ducati entering the mix
Very exciting stuff.
Now, we need to petition to have a round in the U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 05:40 PM

We definitely need a GP event here.

It would be nice to see if Rossi's fan club would make the trip across the pond.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 11:33 AM

Has Roberts signed with Suzuki? Last I heard he was unsigned.

It looks like there will be somewhere around 6-8 riders on Honda powered machines. The Red Bull guys, as mentioned, are going to have Honda engines but not Honda chassis.

A team to watch out for is the Proton KR team. Kenny Sr. is working on a V-5 engine and has Rob Muzzy helping with the engine development. The KR bikes have always been good handling machines and will now have horsepower.

Honda will still be the team to beat as always. Similar to Ducati in WSB... the more bikes and money you throw at it the more likely you are to hit the championship jackpot.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

You may be right about Roberts.
MotoGP looks great but what about World Superbike? At this point in time it looks as if only Ducati and the new FP1 bike will be the only manufactutures represented. Does anyone know any more about WSBK????
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:16 AM

Anyone else here feel like Edwards got screwed by Honda?I think this years AMA is gonna rock,both Bostroms back in the U.S.A.

Looks like team green might when the title this year,if they can continue were they left off.In WSB looks like Edwards on a Duck and no one else close to him.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i think honda is a tough company to work for. and yeah, i think edwards got screwed. he got screwed by yamaha too...

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:56 AM

I just don't see how he got passed on for the gp ride.Nick is great but he has not paid his dues nor has he proven himself at the world level as Edwards has many times.Maybe Nicky is more marketable you know how much we love those stupid ass joe rocket ads
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 06:29 AM

I agree entirely that Edwards got screwed.

I actually heard he met with Honda after the 8 hours of Suzuka and expected to be told he got the GP ride. Instead, Honda gave him some BS about budget cuts and actually said they were considering Fonsi Nieto cause he could bring sponsorship with him.

They also told him they weren't sure they would have a bike in WSB.

So basically it was like, "Hey, thanks for bustin' ass this year but so long...."

Then Hayden gets the GP ride??? He's good but Edwards earned that ride. What happened to budget cuts and sponsors???

Yup! Edwards got the shaft from Honda...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 07:13 AM

There are new rumors that Edwards is getting courted by Honda for a GP seat. Probably bullshit though. He would have to pull out of his current letter of intent with Ducati.

I think he would be best served to go for another WSC then take a GP ride in 2004 after the smaller companies have had another year of develpment.

The Ducati will not be very competitive next year. The Suzuki probably won't be much better. The Yamahas will probably do fairly well but with Honda it's strength in numbers.

As I hinted earlier, I think next year's biggest surprise is going to be a competitive Proton KR team.

These new teams need to try and land Tady Okada as a crew chief or whatever. He is probably one of the best development minds out there. He is currently working with the Honda teams.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 10:04 AM

I can't stand Edwards but I have to agree he deserved a GP ride before Hayden. Also, whatever happened to the Aprilia Ride for B.Boz. He sucked this year, he showed promise in the '01 season.

E.Boz is a great rider and I believe if he had a better machine he would have kicked Nicky's butt. I'm really surprised that he didn't get a full time GP ride. That kid can ride. He seemed to get better every time he did a World round. My guess is that if he keeps up the fantastic riding and proves himself in GP rounds that they may bring him in mid season if the Kawi GP riders don't do well.

BTW, who are the other Kawi riders in the GP series next year?

In terms of GP, I think that Honda's Rossi should be able to run away with it again but not as easy as this year. Ducati will be just starting so I don't expect them to do too well, even though Bayliss is a great rider. Any word on where Xaus is going? If he stop crashing so much, he would do pretty well.

-Marc

Quote:
Originally posted by qbclub13
I just don't see how he got passed on for the gp ride.Nick is great but he has not paid his dues nor has he proven himself at the world level as Edwards has many times.Maybe Nicky is more marketable you know how much we love those stupid ass joe rocket ads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode