Flight Sims? - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
You probably should have tried that first, moron.

I'm a double moron. That was for Orbiter. They don't have one for FSX.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Don't even get started on Orbiter. I got hooked on that once and became a recluse for months.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #53 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Don't even get started on Orbiter. I got hooked on that once and became a recluse for months.

I am a recluse now... It can't get much worse. I only leave my house to work or ride. I seldom talk to anyone that isn't online.

post #54 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Lifetime Premium

When I started getting into Orbiter (which should definitely be on your list after you master flight sims) I printed out about 1,000 pages worth of documentation to help me get to know it. It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

That being said, I bet Vash could have an orbital transfer mastered in under 5 minutes....freaking smart people.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #55 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
When I started getting into Orbiter (which should definitely be on your list after you master flight sims) I printed out about 1,000 pages worth of documentation to help me get to know it. It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

That being said, I bet Vash could have an orbital transfer mastered in under 5 minutes....freaking smart people.

I have a high IQ, too. I just always multitask. Most of the time, it includes watching a Netflix movie on my laptop... even while playing video games.

This is my workspace, ATM.

I'll figure out the flight sims. Then I'll tackle orbiter.
post #56 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:19 AM
Lifetime Premium

Oh, I have a high IQ as well. You just wouldn't know it to read my posts. I don't apply myself nearly as much as I should.

BTW, the controllers look like they're pretty far apart, unless you're an ape and like flying that way.

-Will Rogers
post #57 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, I have a high IQ as well. You just wouldn't know it to read my posts. I don't apply myself nearly as much as I should.

BTW, the controllers look like they're pretty far apart, unless you're an ape and like flying that way.

lol... I'm not an ape. They ARE pretty far apart. My desk is also too high... about chest level. It's all temporary, though. This weekend I will be starting on the cockpit (of sorts) that I was telling you about. Within the next month, I'll have a dedicated computer, and the controllers will have a new home.

I wish my desk was the height of the table to my left. My workspace is too cramped. Home recording studios... even PC based ones... still require a lot of other equipment. Some of that equipment is occupying the table to the left. I just pushed some of it aside to make room for the throttle.
post #58 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

I started the planning phase of building something simple for a flight sim cockpit tonight. Just using boxes and whatever else I could dig up to stack up for height measurements. This looks like it is going to be far more simple than I had originally thought.

The seat is out of a 89 Golf, and it seems like this would put it to good use. Obviously I need a base, though. I don't know how high up off the floor I want it yet.

It's a start.
post #59 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

This is kind of what I have in mind. The only thing is... I have to figure out a way to get into the cockpit with the screens that close.

post #60 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Lifetime Premium

Why do you want the screens that close?

-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode