Flight Sims? - Page 22 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

You'll find it is a lot easier to fly the osprey if you use "Thrust Vector" instead of rotor tilt or wing folding, since the osprey uses neither. Thrust Vector is also what you use when you fly the Harrier or the F-35. Try that instead.

I have mine set to the slide on the throttle. If you do that, I'd also suggest selecting "reverse" when you assign it. That way 'back' is hover and 'forward' is forward movement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
I have mine set to the slide on the throttle. If you do that, I'd also suggest selecting "reverse" when you assign it. That way 'back' is hover and 'forward' is forward movement.
Yeah, now that you mention it, that's what I had set up. It still seemed a little touchy (hard to hit 90 degrees perfect)

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #213 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Yeah, now that you mention it, that's what I had set up. It still seemed a little touchy (hard to hit 90 degrees perfect)
Are you trying to stay level? That could be another issue. That aircraft should be rocking backward to about 10-15 as you change the thrust vector.

I am downloading everything in sight for military aircraft at the moment. I'm making a list of what works good and what doesn't. When I'm done, I am going to back up the aircraft that work, then reinstall the game. Just to make sure nothing weird is floating around.

post #214 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Are you trying to stay level? That could be another issue. That aircraft should be rocking backward to about 10-15 as you change the thrust vector.
No, I know how it reacts when you rotate the nacelles forward. I'm just saying that hitting 90 degrees when returning to a hover is proving to be quite tedious, because it seems to want to get to within ~5 degrees, but not right on the money, so I have to remain slightly nose up till I find the sweet spot.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #215 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
No, I know how it reacts when you rotate the nacelles forward. I'm just saying that hitting 90 degrees when returning to a hover is proving to be quite tedious, because it seems to want to get to within ~5 degrees, but not right on the money, so I have to remain slightly nose up till I find the sweet spot.

I guess I've never thought about the correct way to do it.

When I'm returning to a hover... I just flop the thrust vector... literally. I slow her down to about 100 knots, then flip that bitch. I worry about bringing her to a hover AFTER that.

Besides... I can't even make a helo hover. One issue at a time.
post #216 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
When I'm returning to a hover... I just flop the thrust vector... literally. I slow her down to about 100 knots, then flip that bitch. I worry about bringing her to a hover AFTER that.
I usually come in slow, nose up with full flaps, and start rotating them back (don't really pay attention to airspeed) while applying forward pressure. go full aft to slow her down and then as your airspeed approaches 0 ease the nacelles forward to 90.

But that's in a perfect world.

-Will Rogers
post #217 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

That's what I do with VTOL jets, but the osprey is just way too convenient to fly correctly.
post #218 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

I've spent the past month doing some research on computers and attempting to get back in touch with all of the new technology. Consequently, I have also revamped my computer build for my dedicated flight sim platform. I couldn't find the original thread where I had posted the other computer though, so I will just throw it up here.

Case - Antec P180

PSU - Antec EA650 650W

Motherboard - Asus M2N32

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2ghz

Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce 9600GT 1gb GDDR3 (x2 - SLI)

Memory - Kingston HyperX DDR2 800 2gb (x4 - Dual Channel Config)

Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 3.0G/S SATA (x2 - Raid 0)

I already have a dvd/cd burner for this computer. It is brand new. I bought it to replace what I originally thought was a faulty burner, but after the purchase I located the real problem, so the new burner went in the closet.

The two things I haven't made up my mind about yet -

1) Cooling. I had a water cooled system all picked out, but we just got done building a 3.2ghz desktop for my father, and it sits right at 32 degrees c regardless of the load on the processor. The heatsink and fan were upgraded, but the case fans are all stock. (Same case I am getting). I keep going back and fourth, but from what I see so far, I won't need water cooling.

2) Monitors. I keep eyeballing the 26" Widescreens. I'm not sure how two 1gb 256bit graphics cards would run 3 monitors with a native res of 1920 x 1200.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode