Flight Sims? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
The SR-71 has been included in every version I can remember. It wouldn't be on that page I linked to. That's add-ons. It usually has an SR-71, a tiltrotor (now the V-22), a harrier, a space shuttle, and many others. Total included aircraft for V.9 is supposed to be 40.

How is the realism of that game compared to lomac and FSX/FX2004?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Having not played the new version, I can't say for sure. Normally, it's pretty realistic as far as aerodynamics go. Especially compared to FS2004. FSX seemed to gain a little bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if X-plane 9 didn't make up for that.

As for LoMAC, i can't attest to the physics realism since I've never flown a fighter jet, but it is the most realistic-feeling combat sim I've ever played.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #13 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Bah... I'll just get them all.

Having never flown before, I probably couldn't honestly tell if they weren't completely realistic, anyway.

post #14 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
Bah... I'll just get them all.

Having never flown before, I probably couldn't honestly tell if they weren't completely realistic, anyway.
Sorry man. I hate making recommendations when each one has its own unique features that make it great. If I had to limit my choice to one, I would go with FSX. But then I'd eat nothing but ramen noodles for 2 weeks till I could get the other 2 lol.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #15 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 AM

FSX is great. Also, if you're looking for combat fighters, you can pick up the FSX expansion, FSX: Acceleration. It has the fighters. You fly them, but there is no dog fighting.

I used to fly with the Saitek ST290Pro, but I've upgraded to the CH Products yoke and Saitek pedals to fly with. It's so much more fun that way.

I've logged about 100 hours in FSX, and I have a few add-ons that make the scenery unbelievable.
post #16 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Lifetime Premium

Damon,
Which add-ons do you have for the scenery? I recently blew an Amazon gift certificate on miscellaneous add-ons. I already had Acceleration, and I got the Space Shuttle, Black Hawk, Carrier Ops, Flight Deck, and Traffic add-ons. Have yet to scratch the surface of all of them, but I love the sim.

The yoke seems like it would be cool, especially for the civilian aircraft. But I doubt I could get used to it in high-performance aircraft, and definitely wouldn't like it for choppers.

-Will Rogers
post #17 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Currently I have Ground Environment X and Ultimate Terrain X. My next one will be Flight Environment X
post #18 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Snake...

X52 vs X52 Pro... Thoughts?
post #19 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
Snake...

X52 vs X52 Pro... Thoughts?
Pro. It's really not expensive (as controllers go) and it feels more solid than the X52. With the added support for interaction with your sims, it really is a nice setup. However, if you want to save money, I have a slightly (like, barely) used X52 I'll gladly sell you.

-Will Rogers
post #20 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

You have something better picked out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode