New Streetbike simulation (from makers of Gran Turismo - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

New Streetbike simulation (from makers of Gran Turismo

I'm a big fan of m/c games, much more so than car games - and I've played loads of'em. Even picked up Midnight Club 2 & 3 and Moto GP 3 for motorcycle racing. Thought I think is Midnight Club 3 DUB is most fun of the three.

Anyway, here's what to be expected before they bury PS2:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/651/651118p1.html

check out the trailer.

can't wait...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:20 PM

Wow, I never thought we would see this kind of game. There was an arcade racer called Riding Spirits. It was fun, but looked nothing like this. Ditto...can't wait.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

This game will be as real as it can be in terms of real world, engine, and physics. I'm going to guess many players and actual riders alike can experiment with one of those "what if" situations before applying it in real world track days.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 09:10 AM

I'll be buying it!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Highlights:

Quote:
Tourist Trophy could end up being one of the most expansive bike racers ever. The game will include over 80 bikes from domestic and international bike makers. Over thirty-five courses will make the cut, with most of the courses from Gran Turismo 4 included

It also includes a number of clothes. That's right, you can select your gear prior to the start of a race! The game includes a variety of helmets, suits, gloves and boots, with Shichisawa revealing that we can expect over fifty suits and fifty helmets, along with street ware. We saw some big name brands in the demo version: Arai, Kushitani, Shoei, Taichi and Spidi look like they'll be making it into Tourist Trophy.

While playing the Tourist Trophy World mode, you can adjust your riding experience in three ways. Prior to the start of a race, you can make quick adjustments to your bike in such areas as power, weight, driving assist and front/rear tire type. You also have access to a Closet, where you can try out all the gear that you've collected.

Also adjustable in TTW mode is riding form. While Tourist Trophy includes a few pre-set forms (inside, normal and outside), Tourist Trophy World's Form Editor allow you to make fine adjustments to eight areas of your form, including seat position, knee angle, underarm angle and waist offset. Form adjustments aren't just for show, as the game simulates your rider's center of gravity, changing the feel of the race based on your form.

Play the game, and you'll find that racing on two wheels is a totally different experience from four wheels, even though you're racing on the Gran Turismo courses you've come to know over the past year. Gran Turismo doesn't deal with wipeouts and crashes, but Tourist Trophy sure does. It's easy to make your bike lean too far and flip out, with the game switching to a third-person perspective as your bike and biker tumble into the barriers. The game does a good job of replicating the feeling of speed of bike racing, as well as the bumpiness and noise of the ride while racing in racer's perspective.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 03:16 PM

sweet, i can't wait for this to come out... i'm a little skeptical as to how the controls would be w/ respect to leaning, countersteering, body postion and braking. I know i cheat a bit w/ GT when it comes to drivin' my car off of paved roads and drifting around turns like a maniac. i just hope this game will be a little bit more realistic w/ the consequences of taking turns or braking too hard or goin' off the pavement seein' as you're on two wheels instead of four. that might make the game a lot harder but i think makin' it as realistic as possible will only make it that much more fun.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

I would want to powerslide out of a turn, and see how the game treats the unpredictability of literbikes. Speaking of which, it would be interesting to see if the developers will include headshakes or tankslappers.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 AM

not to diss em, but i wanna know if the game will use hayabusas as track bikes, cuz i'm pretty sure i'll wheelie and loop em on first gear

speakin' of which, seein' as i'm still a noob to ridin', i've heard of tankslappers, but what r headshakes?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 07:35 AM

Head shake is the same as a tank slapper, but just no quite as violent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode