I just beat Half Life 2. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Talking I just beat Half Life 2.

Yeah, I know, game's been around for a while....

Spectacularly crappy ending.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:15 PM

Yeah the ending sucked. Whats up with that guy anyway? he shows up several times in the game, just long enough for you to notice him.. WTF?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Strength and Honor

Eh, it was the play that was important, IMO. And it was fun play. Fortunately I'd gotten in my system upgrades before starting the game. Not true for my Doom 3 play, so I'll have to re-live that experience at a more difficult level. Mostly just to see the various creatures in better form.

What's next on the game docket? I've been doing more MotoGP 2.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
Eh, it was the play that was important, IMO. And it was fun play. Fortunately I'd gotten in my system upgrades before starting the game. Not true for my Doom 3 play, so I'll have to re-live that experience at a more difficult level. Mostly just to see the various creatures in better form.

What's next on the game docket? I've been doing more MotoGP 2.
True, I agree, the play kept me hooked for a few weeks, and is the most important part. I loved the battle that involved the Stryder's within the ruins (forgot what section), that was just F.U.N.!

I dunno what's next... I'm still chipping away at DOOM3, but my main gripe with that game is that I get sick of walking around in the dark all the time... Gets annoying after a while...

Actually, I started playing Call of Duty again, the expansion part...

Or maybe I should pick up the first Halflife?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Squid
Actually, I started playing Call of Duty again, the expansion part...

Or maybe I should pick up the first Halflife?
Funny you mention those. I liked the original CoD but haven't been willing to shell out for expansions.

And the first Halflife was included with the Collector's edition of HL2, but I found HL for so much cheaper I opted against it. I gotta think somebody's got it but not playing it and will give it up for free. But I'm intersted in doing that myself.

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Funny you mention those. I liked the original CoD but haven't been willing to shell out for expansions.

And the first Halflife was included with the Collector's edition of HL2, but I found HL for so much cheaper I opted against it. I gotta think somebody's got it but not playing it and will give it up for free. But I'm intersted in doing that myself.
So, in your opinion, is the gameplay in the previous versions of Half Life just as good?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Squid
So, in your opinion, is the gameplay in the previous versions of Half Life just as good?
Ooops, I had a little error in there. I don't have HL, but HL2, non-collector's only. So, I don't know.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ooops, I had a little error in there. I don't have HL, but HL2, non-collector's only. So, I don't know.
Well, it's cheap enough now... I saw somewhere a box that contained what appeared to be several variants of the HL concept, it was like $20 or so, I might pick it up...

Then again, do I really need another game to waste time on?

Edit, oh yeah, here it is...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 PM

download garry's mod for some good replay value.

allows you to spawn props from the game and weld them together etc... to make contraptions, and that's just scratching the surface.

the mod is now almost entirely
Lua coded, so it is very easy to customize.

It also has a very active (if elitist) community.

check it out

gmod.garry.tv

I still have fun attaching spinning saw blades to the buggy and running over zombies with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode