Nokia N-Gage - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Nokia N-Gage

Alright, I'll admit it; this little gadget caught me by suprise. The first I heard of it was when I went to Mcdonalds yesterday to get my work schedule and it was featured on the frontpage of the news paper on the table. To be totally honest I didn't read anything about it, I just noted that it looked pretty slick.

That wasn't the last of it that I'd be seeing, now I'm noticing all of these N-Gage commercials, which are actually pretty good. So just now I've decided to do some research. I've gathered a bit of info, but my favorite part of it has to be that it's a 3D handheld console with a CPU speed of over 100Mhz. I also noticed that it had MotoGP being promised as one of it's flagship games. I haven't seen the demo's of the game yet but it sounds pretty neat. The N-Gage will also play MP3's and various other Music formats (Including the Radio) it will also be a mobile device working as a Cellphone, and a device by which you can surf the web/check your email. And yes, this also means that you'll be able to have multiplayer games. I still haven't been able to find a price, but I'll find that out soon.

Does anyone here have an N-Gage yet? Is it as cool as it's hyped up to be? And how much did you have to shelve out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 07:01 PM

last I heard the price was going to be $599, way to much for a cellphone/gameboy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 07:07 PM

Thumbs down ttl. weak crap

its not worth the price, the truth is......im not sure if you've been reading gaming mags, but there is going to be a playstation portable (psp) thats coming out i think in 05, which will almost match up to the graphics of (not sure) ps1 or ps2, and im sure it will not cost so damn much, plus the graphics will kick the N-gage's ass, yea!!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

On that note: I've given up on the N-Gage.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 08:37 PM

ok first off it is not 599.99 dollars at all.
it is 299.99 still kind of expensive, but no where near 599.00
the n gage also uses that same graphics engine as the ps1 which in turn makes it have about the same graphics as the ps1.

lastly in response to m3 bois comment on a portable console that could have the same graphics as a ps2 be non expensive was just a stuipid comment. i mean think about it when ps2 first came out it was 499.99.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:58 PM

dude!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by QuickCoCo1

lastly in response to m3 bois comment on a portable console that could have the same graphics as a ps2 be non expensive was just a stuipid comment. i mean think about it when ps2 first came out it was 499.99.

hey, cmon now, im not that stupid, im semi dumb, but....cmon now
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:31 AM

Re: dude!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by m3beamerboi
hey, cmon now, im not that stupid, im semi dumb, but....cmon now
hahahha, you are not dumb..hhahahaha, just mis informed!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 02:28 PM

i have a ton of games, apps, and utilities for the n-gage.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 02:30 PM

when are we expecting to have a console gaming device where it looks as human life would look? as in 3D im guessing the proper term would be
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 02:40 PM

Sorry, didn't read thorugh this whole thread. I'm actually suprised to see people still talking about it. Last I heard, the gaming media (and businnes media) had pretty much written it off. I though it had pretty well gone the way of the Virtuaal Boy or Neo Geo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode