NHL: Todd Bertuzzi's Hit on Steve Moore...video??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
Question NHL: Todd Bertuzzi's Hit on Steve Moore...video???

Can somebody post a link to a video of Todd Bertuzzi's hit that broke Steve Moore's neck? For some reason, I can't get the video on espn.com to play correctly. Thanks!

BTW, what do you guys think of his hit? Should he be suspended, arrested, fined, etc?

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 10:03 AM

Re: NHL: Todd Bertuzzi's Hit on Steve Moore...video???

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
what do you guys think of his hit? Should he be suspended, arrested, fined, etc?
it was a cold shot (pardon the pun)! YES he deserves to be fined, suspended, AND brought up on charges. that incident was in NO WAY to be considered an "act of the game". personally, for a behavoiral act like that i think he should be suspended from the game indefinately but i don't think that is going to happen.

hopefully the suspension won't include the lack of a season for next year. it needs to be for one ACTIVE season AND he should also be released from his contract.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 11:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wheelie123
In a way, I don't blame him, as it was merely retribution for a hit Moore had laid on one of their teammates that left their teammate unconscious for 3 days. I in no way think that Bertuzzi meant to inflict this much damage. The team was bound and determined to get Moore back, but I guarantee they didn't want this.

It was a chicken-shit shot by Bertuzzi, man: punching him in the side of the head and then taking him down from behind to where Moore's face ends up in the ice......he might as well just have high-sticked him in the melon.

"Tattoo on the lower back. Might as well be a bullseye." - Wedding Crashers

Last edited by wheelie123; 03-10-2004 at 12:25 PM.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
It was a chicken-shit shot by Bertuzzi, man: punching him in the side of the head and then taking him down from behind to where Moore's face ends up in the ice......he might as well just has high-sticked him in the melon.
this is why it can not be considered retribution. its kinda like what happened when the player from the Bruins took that cheap shot a couple of years ago. i can't remember his name right now but it was obviously done outside of being an act of the game. this shit shouldn't be tolerated. i love hockey and the game can get pretty intense at times but from what i saw, this was intentionally done to cause physical harm, unlike a legitamate hit.

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
this is why it can not be considered retribution. its kinda like what happened when the player from the Bruins took that cheap shot a couple of years ago. i can't remember his name right now but it was obviously done outside of being an act of the game. this shit shouldn't be tolerated. i love hockey and the game can get pretty intense at times but from what i saw, this was intentionally done to cause physical harm, unlike a legitamate hit.
I know. It's just habit for me to look at both sides of an issue. I have become Matrix-like at doing that due to the last girlfriend who saw only one side.....her side.....as right.

Confucious say girl who have rabbit in boiring watah no good foh rerationship.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
I totally agree with you guys that the act, as described, was well outside the scope of fairplay, but I would really like to see the video...hint, hint.

Me for Emperor of America!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
I totally agree with you guys that the act, as described, was well outside the scope of fairplay, but I would really like to see the video...hint, hint.
very subtle, dan.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 04:55 AM

it was all over the news casts last night. did you get to see it yet?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 05:37 AM

moores parents had the nerve to say somthing about cheap shots in an interview
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 05:44 AM

There's a link to the video at the hockey homepage of the espn website. Bertuzi is out suspended for the rest of the season and palyoffs too btw. Im off to Devils Blackhawks tonight baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode