Anybody into rockclimbing/bouldering??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
Question Anybody into rockclimbing/bouldering???

Any of you into rockclimbing/bouldering? Where do you climb? What kind of climbing do you prefer?

Post pics if you have them.

Here's a pic of me bouldering at an indoor gym in Stamford, CT called "Go Veritcal."

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 10:28 PM

No bouldering or rock, other than some low class four scrambling.

I'm really into general mountaineering stuff, though...you know, glacier travel, mixed snow/ice/rock. Done a few of the volcanoes around here, including Rainier and Adams. Rainier is awesome.

Having climbing and motorcycling for hobbies definitely sucks ass, though. It sucks to be out in the mountains on a nice day thinking about twisty Hwy 101 on the Hood Canal. Or riding around a bend and seeing big-ass Rainier inviting you to come up.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by scotty
Having climbing and motorcycling for hobbies definitely sucks ass, though. It sucks to be out in the mountains on a nice day thinking about twisty Hwy 101 on the Hood Canal. Or riding around a bend and seeing big-ass Rainier inviting you to come up.
Is it wrong to keep my chalk bag and climbing shoes in the storage compartment of my bike??? LOL I can't tell you how many times I've been riding in upstate New York and spotted a boulder near the roadway that just HAD to be climbed! The only drawback is that if you climb too long your hands/forearms get pumped and it's tough to ride your bike after that.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
Is it wrong to keep my chalk bag and climbing shoes in the storage compartment of my bike??? LOL...
You would look pretty cool plastered to the roadside crag with rock shoes and full leathers.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You would look pretty cool plastered to the roadside crag with rock shoes and full leathers.
I would look even cooler wearing my helmet and racing boots with no shirt and a chalk bag hanging from my waist while on an inverted overhang! LOL

ps - Does Five Ten make a motorcycle boot??? hahaha LOL

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
I would look even cooler wearing my helmet and racing boots with no shirt and a chalk bag hanging from my waist while on an inverted overhang! LOL
No balls, dude!

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No balls, dude!
LMAO!!!

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 11:21 AM

loving the rocks and mountains. since i've sold the truck and only have my bike, it's almost impossible to make it joshua tree. i'm not sure if they're done repaving the roads yet or not, but the r1 wouldn't do too well on the dirt roads there.

i've built a little climbing wall in my backyard which consists of a 10 foot pallet covered with holds. it's not that long, but very good for 1 or 2 good moves. just have to imagine your self haging off a longggggg drop to get the feel ya know. don't own the home, but when i do, i'll have a climbing wall all inside my garage. have envisions the time when the whole garage will be filled with holds and overhangs. till then, i'll continue climing buildings and chimney's around my area...
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffcali
....Don't own the home, but when i do, i'll have a climbing wall all inside my garage. have envisions the time when the whole garage will be filled with holds and overhangs...
Jeff,
I have the same dream bro!!!

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Jeff,
This guy beat us to it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode