Motorcycle Addiction Syndrome - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
I don't want to spoil a perfectly good dig at a n00b, but if you look at the guy's signature, I think he was specifically searching for threads on "addiction" and this is one of the forums that he came across.
So how many miles do I have to get under me before you a-holes stop calling me that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
So how many miles do I have to get under me before you a-holes stop calling me that?
It's nothing to do with miles. You'll probably have to wait till we get a new regular in here that's just starting out on 2 wheels. Then all of the tormenting will pay off for you, as you start sharing your wisdom and experience.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I don't want to spoil a perfectly good dig at a n00b, but if you look at the guy's signature, I think he was specifically searching for threads on "addiction" and this is one of the forums that he came across.
Good catch Snake. It's now obvious that it's a spammer.

A question for the mods, especially Spicersh: Isn't it possible to see the IP addresses and service providers of posters? On another forum I visit, the mods quickly shut down spammers and multiple troll accounts because they are able to access this information. Maybe that's how you're keeping the spam out? It's been mostly non-existent lately.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeeney View Post
Good catch Snake. It's now obvious that it's a spammer.

A question for the mods, especially Spicersh: Isn't it possible to see the IP addresses and service providers of posters? On another forum I visit, the mods quickly shut down spammers and multiple troll accounts because they are able to access this information. Maybe that's how you're keeping the spam out? It's been mostly non-existent lately.
It was obvious he was a spammer right away, but I figured I'd let you all have a crack at him. You know, break up the day a bit from the typical "Im gunna by a 600, is it ok for a 17 yr old n00b?" threads.

Yes, I can see IP's, service provider names, etc. This particular dillhole registered an @work-at-home-parents.org e-mail and almost no other info. Bye bye.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Lifetime Premium

Yeah, I figured it out as soon as I read it but I didn't figure there was much fun to be had with somebody who has probably registered at more forums than he could possibly keep track of.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
That didn't ruin my dig. He was still searching and she's still a noob. The world still makes sense.

PS noob - Yeah, you'll have to wait until another noob we actually like starts coming here every day and you can actually give him some solid advice. Until then, you are just the noob, noob.

I guess sometimes it just sucks to be liked, ehh?
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
Mmmmm, that's pushing it. "tolerated" is the word I'd choose.

Just kiddin n00b!!

-Will Rogers
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:48 PM

lol When you still have noob status, liked and tolerated are one in the same. It just means we aren't in a rush to push the nub out the door just yet.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

So I was bored at work and googled "lynx123123"

If that ain't a spammer (or spambot) I don't know what is.

-Will Rogers
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6R1033 View Post
That didn't ruin my dig. He was still searching and she's still a noob. The world still makes sense.

PS noob - Yeah, you'll have to wait until another noob we actually like starts coming here every day and you can actually give him some solid advice. Until then, you are just the noob, noob.

Actually, some names just stick. When I was a junior in HS, there was a cool freshman who was allowed to sit at our lunch table. Of course, we all called him "freshman" and continued to do so the next year. Even after he had graduated we still called him that. If I saw him today that's how I would greet him. She might as well change her user name again.

Edit: Just checked and both "noob" and "n00b" are available!

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981

Last edited by mkeeney; 05-28-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode