Best Way Convert CD Audio Files To Mp3s? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Question Best Way Convert CD Audio Files To Mp3s?

I have the demo versions of Windows MP, Real, MusicMatch, and the full version of the Creative Playcenter2. Which is the best way to go about converting my CD's into Mp3s?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 10:44 AM

I think I use nero burning rom, seems to work well
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 12:20 PM

Thumbs up Well, for .wav to mp3...

Been a while since I've converted any .wav files to mp3, but for simplicity ya can't beat a program called Blade Encoder. Unfortunately, the fella that wrote it took it down after being pressured by 'the system'. Figured it was BS, but just another case of big money threatening the little guy, justified or not. You can probaby do a web search and find copies of it floating around.
Anywho...all you haff to do is drag and drop a .wav file to the Blade icon and it opens a small DOS window showing you the time left for mp3 conversion. When through, the box closes and you have your original .wav file and identical .mps file.
No buttons, windows, learning curve, yadda yadda yadda.
Nuttin' wrong with simplicity!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:22 PM

Get Music Match. Download it off of the internet, and pay the $20 for it. It is GREAT software!!! A little bit difficult to set up at first, but it is clearly the best .mp3 converter program.

99cobra
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 02:07 PM

AudioCatalyst. Look for it on Kazaa or WinMx. It's a nice ripper that'll do all you need. It'll even log to CDDB and name the tracks for you as well. Works better than anything I've seen, and I've tried all the above.

You could also try looking at winamp.com and looking for their plug-in's for version 2. I saw a ripper in there, but haven't tried it yet.

Remember to make em 192k or higher. Unless you dig the underwater sound.

-jon
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 02:15 PM

I use Real Jukebox. But its pissing me off right now. Set preferences to record mp3's at 192kbps and converted about 15 whole cds to mp3 (putting my whole CD collection on a hard drive for future use to make mp3 disks) only to find out that it changed it to 96kbps which sounds like crap in my truck. Not only that, some cd's wont record the last song either.

More rant on Real Networks.

WTF do they have to have update notification every 30 days? JESUS CHRIST I paid $40 for RealJukebox and they want me to upgrade already? Finally I did upgrade to the Real One player only to find out it cant convert to mp3, hich is why I bought RealJukebox in the first place. The only way I could get Real One ot convert cd's to mp3 was to buy teh full version. No thanks.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 03:36 PM

Re: Best Way Convert CD Audio Files To Mp3s?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hysyde
I have the demo versions of Windows MP, Real, MusicMatch, and the full version of the Creative Playcenter2. Which is the best way to go about converting my CD's into Mp3s?

Thanks
The best, fastest, and cheapest way I've found to rip CD's to MP3 is a program called "WinDAC", or Windows Digital Audio Copy. You can download the program for free off the internet by clicking here, and download a plugn called "GoGo encode" plugin off the internet for free as well. If you can't find it, lemme know and I'll e-mail it to you.

The only thing is that with the free version, the program stops ripping after each track and asks you to register. This makes ripping an entire CD a bitch. However, once you pay the rather small registration fee, it will rip the CD all the way through. Great quality and faster than any other program I've ever used.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 99cobra
Get Music Match. Download it off of the internet, and pay the $20 for it. It is GREAT software!!! A little bit difficult to set up at first, but it is clearly the best .mp3 converter program.

99cobra
OR
DL the free version and get the key code from one of your 3500000 friends on KaZaA.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 04:01 PM

So these methods are the best way to take a mixed cd i made back in the day, and have it turned into a digital form to put on the internet for people to check out my mixes??
Thanks in advance

peace
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Well this is an fairly old thread, and there's a lot of new software out there, but some of this stuf still works good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode