Joe Satriani's "Summer Song" - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 04:13 PM

Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
Personally I have not heard Summer Song, will soon though.
Yes you have, you just don't know it

I myself like to ride to trance. I was riding to DJ tiesto today, pretty good to ride too.

Prodigy’s smack my bitch up would make a killer back beat for a stunt/race video
Cliffs of Dover for cool guitar.
Audience is listening by Steve Vai would make a good street extreme vid song. Manic sounding, lots going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: cruisin' music

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha
Well, to make a stunt video, I would use SRV's "Scuttle Buttin'"

AMEN TO SRV! I think most any of Stevies's stuff is condusive to mischief
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Fizzman

Cliffs of Dover for cool guitar.
Audience is listening by Steve Vai would make a good street extreme vid song. Manic sounding, lots going on.

I see you're versed in the ways of guitar Gods.

Eric Johnson is the shiz-nat (please excuse the Ebonics).

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Re: cruisin' music

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha
Well, to make a stunt video, I would use SRV's "Scuttle Buttin'"

If I were taking a cross-country cruise on a Goldwing, I'd use Joe Satriani's "Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness"

Just hittin' the twisties? I personally would go for something along the lines of Audiovent's "Looking Down
I just downloaded "Looking Down".....AWESOME! Thanks for the input. I just found a new CD! I think it sounds a lot like Incubus on steroids...
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 05:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight of Ni

I see you're versed in the ways of guitar Gods.

Eric Johnson is the shiz-nat (please excuse the Ebonics).
Vai and Satch are the reasons I play guitar (I play Ibanez to boot)
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 07:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Fizzman

Vai and Satch are the reasons I play guitar (I play Ibanez to boot)

Ditto! I started with classical and flamenco way back when, but got a sweet strat for law school graduation.. you know, you just can't play Texas blues without a Strat!

You should have seen Sat and Vai in G3 when they came to Houston, it was unbelievable! And at the end when they were all jamming together they brought out.. guess who.. Billy Gibbons! LOL One of the best shows I've seen, and we had great seats..

Have to agree with Cliffs of Dover, Eric knows how to play his guitar, live that song sounds even better, but Trademark still has to be my favorite.. but again, for Texas it's gotta be 40 Mile Town - you know it was written about Galveston, his home town.

Later, boys.

Yuliya
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 07:25 PM

Re: Re: Hmmm

Quote:

...Good to see some appreciates "the Python"...
Funny you should mention that, I just watched The Holy Grail last weekend. Still a winner.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Yuliya

Ditto! I started with classical and flamenco way back when, but got a sweet strat for law school graduation.. you know, you just can't play Texas blues without a Strat!

Yuliya
As a right of passage, when I got my first credit card I bought the my long coveted American Telecaster; Ash body w/ ash neck. If you've only played the Fenders made in Mexico, you owe it to yourself to play an American one. Like night and day.

So, when it's all said and done, my $1,400 Tele will cost me roughly $8000 . One of dumbest things I've done (paid off now, though), but also one of the dumbest things I don't regret.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 08:24 PM

For Monty Python lovers

Teles are nice, but they don't have Strat's sustain.. mine's American-made, plays like a dream..

Now, being a huge Monty Python fan, thought I'd post my favorite sketch.. yes, I know, it's not quite the same as watching it but give it a chance.. Those of you who haven't watched MP, maybe this would be a good taster to start you off..

The Pet Shop Sketch from "And Now For Something Completely Different" (aka the Dead Parrot sketch)

A customer enters a pet shop.

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

C: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
C: <pause> I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!
O: We're closin' for lunch.
C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
O: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's
wrong with it!
O: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.
C: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
O: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!
C: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.
O: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!
C: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the cage) 'Ello, Mister Polly Parrot! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish for you if you show...(owner hits the cage)
O: There, he moved!
C: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!
O: I never!!
C: Yes, you did!
O: I never, never did anything...
C: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!!
Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call! (Takes parrot out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)
C: Now that's what I call a dead parrot.
O: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!
C: STUNNED?!?
O: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.
C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.
O: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.
C: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?
O: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!
C: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

O: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!
C: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!
O: No no! 'E's pining!
C: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

(pause)

O: Well, I'd better replace it, then.
(he takes a quick peek behind the counter)
O: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of parrots.
C: I see. I see, I get the picture.
O: <pause> I got a slug.

(pause)

C: Pray, does it talk?
O: Nnnnot really.
C: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?
O: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)
C: Well.

(pause)

O: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place?
C: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 09:29 PM
UFO

Quote:
which album is "Ride" on?......*memory fading*
Flying in a Blue Dream...1990 or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode