New Music - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 01:30 PM

I would think a guy on an R1 would be more extreme than a guy on a lowly Honda twin ...
Hehehe. Some of those new rap-metal bands are okay, just not my style. Try the original rap-metal "Stuck Mojo". Or some industrial like N17 or Strapping Young Lad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 11:25 PM

this threads been dead for a week now, but i just saw this video while surfing during a commercial break from the AMA race, and saw a "Video" called "Grammercy Park" by a band called Deadsy!
Anyone seen this crap?
It makes me think of the offspring of An episode of Voltron, and Flock of Seagulls....
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 07:03 AM

Awesome new song I just checked out. Try to get it off WinMX or Audiogalaxy.com. It's called "Set the Stage" by Embodyment.

The beginning guitars are totally awesome.

post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 08:25 PM

OK, I just unlocked the secret "old school" subfolder in my MP3 directory, LOL. I have been listening to some Alice in Chains. The song, "Down in a Hole" is one of my faves. Makes me in the mood to go for a long cruise. Too bad I can't, but at least I have the music!
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

AIC Rock...

Always been a big Alice fan... RIP Layne!!

I'm still trying to find that Embodyment song... can't get it on WinMX.

Nick - Download Cliche from Trantric on WinMX, you'll dig it - I love the lyrics and song itself is pretty good.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Re: Re: Norwegian Black Metal

Quote:
Originally posted by lord tim

This thread was started with tripe like "Staind" getting props, so don't get your hopes up. The only name I recognize is Emperer, and they are some heavy muthafukkas.
I have been listening to Opeth constantly. I never really went for the far-out stuff like Burzum, I'm more in to the straight-up math metal. The heavier the better. I'm always on the lookout for more and more metal, I'll check out the bands you mentioned.

personally I like to chill with vintage Iron Maiden. I know every movement by heart, and it just lulls me into a happy place.
I hear you guys. I was raised on sh!t like Overkill, Sepultura, I've seen Slayer at the Troch in Philly (Image your bathroom). I like all kinds of music as long as the roots lie somewhere in Rock or Blues.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com

Last edited by chris_y2k_r1; 06-17-2002 at 03:02 PM.
post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 02:57 PM

Re: AIC Rock...

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1
I'm still trying to find that Embodyment song... can't get it on WinMX.

Nick - Download Cliche from Trantric on WinMX, you'll dig it - I love the lyrics and song itself is pretty good.
Downloading the Tantric song as I type this...

As for the Embodyment song, well I would keep trying if I were you. It's totally worth it. I just went on WinMX and typed in Embodyment and left the other text-box blank. It came up with quite a few "Set the Stage"s. Hope you can grab it!
post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Re: Re: AIC Rock...

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha
Downloading the Tantric song as I type this...

As for the Embodyment song, well I would keep trying if I were you. It's totally worth it. I just went on WinMX and typed in Embodyment and left the other text-box blank. It came up with quite a few "Set the Stage"s. Hope you can grab it!
Got it - I'll report back with an assessment.

or s3sportbikes.com
post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 03:08 PM

Good tune Chris! Just got done downloading and definitely gonna put it in the playlist.

Don't know if you remember, but about 6 years back there was a band called "Crash Test Dummies". Really moronic music, but their lead vocalist sounds almost exactly like the lead vocalist of Tantric. Opinions???
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

"I'm not your average cliche, crackerjack formula.
I never did say I'd be your trick.
So don't you try to fool me with your psuedo honesty.
I know in time you'll see what I mean.

There ain't nothin' better than being given the chance..."

I love those lines.

Set the Stage is pretty cool. Those are some minor, minor ass chords.

As far as the vocal comparison, I'd have to hear CTD again.

or s3sportbikes.com

Last edited by chris_y2k_r1; 06-17-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode