Shorty needs info - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Question

I've read the thread "recommend a bike" and found it very helpful. Thanks. I am also 5ft tall/short. I recently completed a cycle safety course, got my license, and looking for my first bike. I'm tippy toe on the Ninja 500, ZX6. I also sat on a lowered Suk 600 and loved it. It was a racing bike lowered 5", too low for the street, and I'm in the market for something used. I'm a quick learner and mature enough not to take unnecessary risk. I love life, walking, and the ability to think. I rode a Buell Blast in the course. It small enough (360lbs, 500cc), however, I have a problem with the single cylinder and vibration. The 1st three mentioned are the ones I like over all due style and fit. The ZX6 is the heaviest (430lbs) which has me concerned. The other problem its that my midsection is touching the gas tank. I'm sure this can't be good. Can the handlebars be replaced? Something a little higher so I am not actually touching the bike. I have a pic of YZF600R, it has the look, the handlebars appear higher, and it's 416lbs, but I have not tried it. I'm 130 lbs, strong, and desire to ride after I gain the confidence and more experience, in expressway traffic. I understand the sacrafice of lowering the bike 1 to 3", but willing. A cruiser is not an option!!
Lastly, is there a method to uprighting the bike. I forgot this question in class and it was never covered.
Please school me!

Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode