Hello out there - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Hello, are there any women riders out there? I'm a new rider and would appreciate any women's views and / or suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 11:08 AM

Thumbs up

We are very lucky to have quite a few Great women riders here. We just have to wake them up..... LADIES!!!!!!! YOU HAVE COMPANY!!!!

Welcome!

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 11:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to her93zx6 Send a message via Yahoo to her93zx6
Talking women riders

yah, there are a few of us out there. this forum has been kinda dead lately. but any questions you have, ask away!! ev'ryone here is more than willing to help a newbie out.

you're spending your honeymoon with a bunch of lunatics on murder-cycles??

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

"off-roading Ninja girl?" Do you ride dirt too? If so, what bike? I have been for 3 years now, been racing for about 8 months. I have an XR200 but I'm trading the little piglet (nicknamed the Spode Chariot) in for a KDX200. Time for a 2-stroke! I want to get a CR250 eventually but they're a bit too much bike for me right now.

What size Ninja do you ride? I really like the new 500s (love purple! ) but I don't want to spend $ on a new bike for my first ride. Besides, I may eventually want to move up.

Women-related questions: anybody have any experience with women's gear? The only ladie's stuff they had at the local shop I went to were a 3/4 length Joe Rocket jacket and I like the shorter ones better. I have a Meteor on hold and it fit fine. How about pants? And boots? Who has what, what do they think of it?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 01:04 PM

Talking Heya!!

Heya Firecracker22...

What's up chickie...

I don't personally own any Joe gear at the moment, but I do sell it at the dealership I work at. The jackets are great, and if you go for the pants, you'll probably have to go a couple sizes up that you normally would b/c they tend to run really small and not tru to size.

About leathers:

Don't buy the Teknic Venom 2 piece suit for ladies... I did, and it sucks!!! No vents, can't fit a back protector or armor, and it has these lame stretch panels that make you itch and your butt look bigger than it is (no one debate me on this one or your dead!!)

If you start looking for ladies leather gear, be prepared to pay big $$$$. It's not cheap, and to get good leathers you'll have to shell out the doe for quality gear. We don't get as many choices as the boyz, so start saving your pennies.

Gloves: Teknic makes some great gloves. Boots as well but the ones to fit ya aren't cheap...

Anyway. just a little info. More later if ya need, I just gotta jet for now.

Good companies: Vanson, First Gear, Frank Thomas, Spyke, etc... For leather

Glad to have ya around!!

KIRSTY!

"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."

My web site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My lo'cal sportbike group:

www.zip.to/hfxbiker
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 09:10 PM
Just a girl

Quote:
Originally posted by firecracker22
Women-related questions: anybody have any experience with women's gear? The only ladie's stuff they had at the local shop I went to were a 3/4 length Joe Rocket jacket and I like the shorter ones better. I have a Meteor on hold and it fit fine. How about pants? And boots? Who has what, what do they think of it?
Hey firecracker. As far as women's gear, I don't buy it. I like men's better. Guess I'm built more like a guy, cause I don't like those high-waisted women's pants and I'm pretty flat-chested, so guy's stuff fits me well. So, none of my gear is specifically "women's", so can't help you there. I have a Hondaline cordura jacket, Tourmaster cordura pants, Nankai gloves and boots (the Nankai stuff ROCKS!) and an HJC leather jacket. Love all my gear!

Stacia
'00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 08:07 AM

Smile

I have teknic gloves i REALLY like. I thought they were too big at first, but they turned out to fit really well. I also have Daytona boots. I tried on just about every pair at Mota (woman's motorcycle shop) and they were the only ones that fit well. I would advise doing the same (trying EVERYTHING on until you find a pair that fit you.) I have a women's jacket, but men's pants. I plan on buying custom leathers...nothing of the rack is going to fit, I'm convinced.

Good luck!

Red/Black GSX-R600
yes, this is MY bike!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 05:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to her93zx6 Send a message via Yahoo to her93zx6
sorry!!

sorry i haven't got back to ya sooner firecracker!

off-roading Ninja girl actually comes from an experience i had at deal's gap. i found out that day that ninjas don't do too well off pavement near cliffs. lol. however, i will be buying a dual sport here before our wedding (september). we'll be dirting in georgia the first week of our honeymoon, then streetin with some of the crazy asses here on this forum for a rally.

i ride a 600 cc ninja. it's not the R model. it's the D model, the comfy yet slow and heavy model. lol. one of my girlfriends is trying to get financing right now for the 500. that's an EXCELLENT bike to start on. this one's a 92 with a little over 4000 miles on it. going for $2,000. with a custom seat and extra plastics (gas tank too).

i too, like stacia, am built kinda guyish. i'm tall with long legs and arms, so even normal gal clothes don't fit the greatest. i've got a hein gericke two piece leather suit, wintex racing boots, and wintex race gloves. and i might have a new helmet here in a day or so. heh heh. there are several websites out there for women's gear, and a couple have already been listed. good luck with that!!

you're spending your honeymoon with a bunch of lunatics on murder-cycles??
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 06:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to 1fastchick
Hello and welcome.
I have a joe rocket speedmaster jacket And I like it.
Finding leathers for me has been nothing short of a nightmare! Plan on trying alot of leather on and finding alot that you don't like. Too give you an idea on prices:
Gloves:$60-90 for first set
jacket: $250-450 mine is usually 450 but I got it for $380
Pants: $250 and up
Helmet: 200+ depends on what you think your head is worth.
Boots: Not sure everything i have seen is in 175+ price range.

So just be ready to pay some money for your gear. If you haven't seen the speedmaster jacket I have a picture of it.

Now Dirt ridding is something I use to do! Loved it when i was little. now I own a XR200 and she is a nice bike. Why not looking into a CR125? Those KDX's pack a good punch. The two stokes are tons of fun just more work and maintence. I loved my YZ80 when I had it and would love to get a YZ125 but I can't touch the ground on them. If I get another 2stroke I would get the KX100 just about perfect size and good amout of power. Lots of fun to ride.

A place or the women riders.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 04:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Re: Heya!!

Quote:
Originally posted by cbrchick

Don't buy the Teknic Venom 2 piece suit for ladies... I did, and it sucks!!! No vents, can't fit a back protector or armor, and it has these lame stretch panels that make you itch and your butt look bigger than it is (no one debate me on this one or your dead!!)

KIRSTY!
I guess I'll be pushin' up daisies then...

Love ,
Chris

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
or s3sportbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode