Seat Covers and other "girlie" accessories - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Talking Seat Covers and other "girlie" accessories

Hello ladies! I am 30 years old, have been on the back of a bike since before I can remember, and have FINALLY gotten my permit! I moved to a quiet rural area last year and am so excited to be in an area where I finally feel comfortable learning how to ride. Needless to say, my bf, my dad, and my brother are flooding my inbox with bikes and "must have" accessories, along with all kinds of articles.

So, I have looked at, and sat on, every bike I thought I would be interested in. I absolutely love the look and feel of the '08 ninja 250s. At 5'7", 125 lbs, the bike feels light, comfortable and easy to handle. Most importantly, I have fallen in love with it and think it will help give me the confidence I need and desire to get out there and practice as much as possible. I am taking the MSP course starting 5/15 and hope to find my bike by the time I have my license. My bf is now taking to everyone on Craigslist to find the right bike. I've exhausted all the articles I can find for new riders and have now starting thinking about the fun, fashion stuff!

I'm dead set on a black ninja. I'd really love to find some hot pink accessories, including a seat cover, maybe an annodized sprocket, grips, etc. Anyone know where to look? I'm not finding much in girl's colors.

Also, does anyone have any good or bad thoughts on slip-on exhausts? I've looked at jardine, muzzy, & yoshi.

I'd love tips from everyone, on learning to ride, the msp course, the ninjas, parts & accessories, and anything else you think I should know. I've spent so much time around bikes that I didn't expect to feel like such a newbie but now I realize that I might know a whole lot about being a passenger, but nothing about being a rider or owner!

Thanks,
Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 AM

My roommate custom made her own seat cover for her Kawasaki Dual Sport; there should be local venders in your area that are able to help you customize your bike. I have an '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 in blue that I absolutely adore, but it feels like all the girls ride blue bikes, so I totally get your desire to customize, and a pink seat on a black bike would look hot. Personally, I plan to get light blue & silver paint detailing on mine to match my jacket & helmet. Congratulations & enjoy the ride! PS I also took the MSC and it was SO helpful, really built my confidence level (I had never ridden by myself before!).
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Hooray for more chicas riding in PA!!! I used to live near Pittsburgh.

I'm 26 and I've been "piloting" my own streetbike for the last 8 years. I'm a good bit taller than you, but I have ridden the Ninja 250 before, and it's a SPECTACULAR choice in a first bike. It is incredibly light, very forgiving, and seriously comfortable. The MSF course is how I officially got my PA M-class license, and it made a WORLD of difference in what my riding confidence was. It was really night and day - and I was much less afraid despite that my dad had shown me the basics before I took the course.

As far as customizing with girlie things... you're going to have a hard time. We're a growing market, but we're not that big yet. Check companies like Icon and Joe Rocket. Last I checked, they seemed to be a little more "female" friendly. Honestly, Harley Davidson has a number of things available in hot pink for the back seaters. You may be surprised that not all the HD stuff is covered with the logo - and some of their stuff is moderately cute, too!

As far as exhausts go... My advice is to NOT do it for this season. This is going to sound very negative, but there are only 2 types of riders: Those who have gone down, and those who will go down. New riders - regardless of how level-headed they are - tend to meet the first category in the first 3k miles or so. I dropped the bike I learned on, my brother dropped the bike he learned on, etc. I'd wait until you've got a good bit of time on the bike before you decide if you really even ride as much as you think you will. After a season or so, you'll have a much better idea of what you want out of the bike (do you want something loud, or are you actually pretty content with stock?).

I hope this helps!

Shiny side up, and have fun at the MSF!

~Carey~

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 04:09 AM

How about pink fur? I did this for a Breast Cancer charity ride (Pink Ribbon Ride), then put it back on for a Christmas charity ride.

Of course, it's only temporary. I swear I don't leave it on there all the time. No really, I swear...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookeetree View Post
Of course, it's only temporary. I swear I don't leave it on there all the time. No really, I swear...

Cookee, don't tell your wife, but we LOVE you.

But truly, Cookee is on to something... there's always JoAnn Fabrics.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
tdr

that teddy bear is aweeessomme!! hehehe.....

I actually got really pissed off when I started riding and went on a search for gear and such. Talk about lack of selection. Pages and pages and pages and pages of gear for the guys. Then there is what.....4 pages of gear for us girls. Damn we need to design our own stuff..... and the thing is I seeeeeee girlssss everywhere on bikes! Not on the back!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 PM

Leading Edge Customs (LEC) was founded in 2000. Through the years of experience we are providing the hottest bikes and custom sport bikes, custom motorcycle, motorcycle accessories in the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 PM

Let's talk about Car Covers. There are many types of vehicle covers for you cars, trucks, SUV's, vans even station wagons. If you take the time to research the web and read up on all the information that the car cover sites can offer, you will find it easy to locate and buy the right cover for your vehicle. When you are ready to make that purchase you should check to see what the sites shipping policy is and also the warranty that you are getting on the cover.These two things can vary a lot from site to site. Then when you receive the cover make sure that you wash your vehicle before you try the cover on that way if for some reason the cover is wrong you will be able to send it back clean and ready for restocking. Some companies will charge a restocking fee if the cover is dirty or may not let you return or exchange it.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 PM

When you chose seat covers for your bike or anything else. There are many online stores available on the internet, where you can easily chose different kind of seat covers and accessories for your scooter or bike. Price are also affordable for that seat covers and accessories.

www.sportbikeworld.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode