hey girls! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Smile hey girls!

Hi everyone Im new so I thought I would just say hi and tell you a little about myself. I have a great boyfriend, Dave, and we'll be together for 5 years in feb. From the day I met him he has begged me to get a bike. So in the next few months when the dealer calls me, I plan to purchase my first bike. I've been looking around and I feel in love with the 08 ninja 250r. It took me a while to figure out what color (black or red) but I finally chose red. I'm hoping that my experince on the back of Dave's bike with help me learn how to ride a little easier. I chose red because it will help me been seen on the road better and Dave cant buy me pink apparel....lol. I've never been a pink kinda girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Welcome aboard!!!

I think I speak for all of us when I say Welcome to your newest addiction! Keep us updated!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 PM

Ohhh welcome...LOVE the red...and way to go girl, nice to get on your own two wheels. I have never liked pink...and grrr...it's everywhere.
Ride Safe
Good first pick for a bike.
LB

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:31 PM

Smile Welcome!

Go for it, girl. I bought a 2002 VFR 800 Interceptor 6 years and 30,000 miles ago and have loved every minute of it. My husband, son and dog ride everywhere with me (although somewhat slower sometimes). We live in Oregon so the possibilities are endless. Fabulous twisties everywhere.

I took riding classes at a Honda riding school and followed up with 4 track day events. It really improved my riding skills. (I had already been riding for 15 years or so, but mostly cruisers). Owning a sportbike changed my whole outlook. My bike is so fast, light, and easy to handle. Just mention "Track Day" and my heart flutters. It is an adrenaline pumping experience and really sharpens your skills fast. You also don't have to worry about what around the corner or what's on the road. I love it fast, low, and off the side.

You are absolutely right about red...it is the easiest color to see on the road...makes you more visible. Mine is red too. I have a Nicky Hayden Aria Helmet with a red/yellow design, so I had the entire design laid out on my bike. It looks fast in the parking lot.

I hope you have as much fun with your new bike as I have had with mine. I know you have great times ahead riding the twisties with your boyfriend. Ride hard and wear leather.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 PM

my neighbor just bought an 08 ninja 250r and he loves it.. its a great looking bike and a great starter bike.. best of luck..

Mudpuppy
Wide Open Sportbikes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 PM

I have a 2000 Ninja 250. I really like the look of the 08 model. My husband wants me to get a 600, but i'm only 5'3". I'm just afraid that i'll have problems with the weight of antthing bigger. I would'nt mind getting a 600, but i really don't want to depend on someone else having to pick it up for me if i drop it! Don't get me wrong, I hope not to go around dropping my bike, but if i do, i dont want to feel like a wimp.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:08 PM

Hey kawikitten! Welcome to the site. You will love the 250! I have a red 2000 "250". I love it, but the 08 model is greattt! I really like the upgraded look of the front end. Joe Rocket really has some cute chick apparel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawikitten250r View Post
Hi everyone Im new so I thought I would just say hi and tell you a little about myself. I have a great boyfriend, Dave, and we'll be together for 5 years in feb. From the day I met him he has begged me to get a bike. So in the next few months when the dealer calls me, I plan to purchase my first bike. I've been looking around and I feel in love with the 08 ninja 250r. It took me a while to figure out what color (black or red) but I finally chose red. I'm hoping that my experince on the back of Dave's bike with help me learn how to ride a little easier. I chose red because it will help me been seen on the road better and Dave cant buy me pink apparel....lol. I've never been a pink kinda girl.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:12 PM

You ride a 1200? How tall are you? And how strong? Your my hero!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBandit12S View Post
Ohhh welcome...LOVE the red...and way to go girl, nice to get on your own two wheels. I have never liked pink...and grrr...it's everywhere.
Ride Safe
Good first pick for a bike.
LB
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:15 PM

What kind of bike do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturntangerine View Post
Welcome aboard!!!

I think I speak for all of us when I say Welcome to your newest addiction! Keep us updated!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbikerbabe View Post
What kind of bike do you have?
I was bikeless when I last posted, but in April I picked up my 3rd bike: 2005 SV650S.

I have ridden all sorts of bikes over the last 6 seasons - and I'm loving the start of my 7th season with a shiny new bike that I simply adore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode