Anyone close to Albany, GA? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Anyone close to Albany, GA?

Hi, I had never driven a bike in my life until I got the bug from my husband, he ownes a 2004 hayabusa. So in Dec. 2006 I took the Motorcycle Riders Course at the Marine Base in Albany, GA. Passed, got my license and been riden my own, 2002 Yamaha R1, since. Anyone close to Albany, GA (I'm about 3-4 hours from Atlanta, about 1.5 from Columbus or Tallhassee, FL). My husband and I are total gear/motorheads. 2 hairy children - 8 yr 5lb Maltese(Chloe) and a 8+ yr 4lb Mutt (Poppi). Hope to meet some folks and ride!

Tnee (pronounced Teenie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Fast and low is the only way to go!

I have been riding bikes off and on all my life, but I got the bug to ride sportbike in 2002, so my husband rented a bike for me and we went on a 3 day ride all over northern AZ. I loved it so much, it tortured me to give the bike back at the end of the 3 days. Six months later, after hunting down the perfect deal (and alot of persuasion with my husband...), we bought my Honda VFR800 Interceptor. Since, I have put 30,000 miles on it...in town, through the mountain twisties, along the coast, and on the track. Loved every mile.

I have lived in Oregon for 3 years now and even though the riding season is short (because of bad weather), the scenic mountain roads are to die for. My husband rides a BMW KT1200 LT...the big poppa that rides like a caddy on two wheels but can still get air from time to time. We juggle our son and our black schnauzer on rides. It's great. The dog wears doggles and we have a great time. I prefer riding by myself because I can get off the seat and drop low in the corners. Fast and low is the only way to go!

Life is Short...Ride hard!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 PM

i live in columbus Ga

ride hard or go home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode