ICON ladies' boots? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to trickpony13
ICON ladies' boots?

Any of you gals out there have these boots? I think they're totally sexy and I would be able to wear them out with jeans anyways, but I'm wondering what they're like on a bike. I'm 5'10'' so I don't need the extra height at all, but I'm curious what you all think!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
I'm also 5'10", and I know what you mean by not needing the extra height. However, I can't imagine those while riding... how the heck is your foot going to fit in between the peg and shifter???

I have the Alpinestars SMX Plus:
http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_Plus_...1/p/20512.html

I love them! VERY comfy and easy to ride in.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 PM

I've had the chance to try these on. The problem is that the boots don't fit my leg/ankle very well. They actually fit on the bike just fine. I'd rather have something with toe sliders though

Road Rash on your plastics is prettier than chicken strips on your tires.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM

I tried to convince Mrs Tree to get a pair of those. I could see many uses for them outside of riding:

Changing light globes without a step ladder.

Tree lopping.

Getting things out of those high cupboards in the kitchen.

Painting the ceilings.

Nocturnal, um, activities.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 09:04 PM

Thumbs down

Ladies, I gotta tell ya that I'm just not into these boots at all! I am so accustomed to riding in flat soled boots that when I tried them on I almost died laughing at the actual suggestion that one would put these on, go out, tear it up and put a knee down!

What's more, Icon (which I used to love) brought these out in white leather for 2008. What's next? A bike with a built in stripper pole. I like to look good when I ride, but I like to think that I do that by the way I ride, not because I'm wearing white leather boots and pink and white leather chaps that Icon is busy promoting to go with them.

Never mind the fact that at 5'10" like you girls (and thick too) I'd look like an over-sized easter egg! Did I mention that I have red hair too. So now, we have white high heeled boots with pink and white leather chaps and red hair. I think the entire image that presents could be emotionally traumatizing to just about anyone I came across.

To make a long story short, these boots are just the tip of a very cheesy iceberg in my book!

It's just a flesh wound ...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 AM

I just got these and love them. I really like ICON but those boots are not my style ATALL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my boots.jpg (14.9 KB, 145 views)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyBandit12S
I just got these and love them. I really like ICON but those boots are not my style ATALL.
I really like those ... what exactly are they and where can I find them? Thanks a bunch!

It's just a flesh wound ...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 AM

Love'em
I have tried on tons of boots and didn't love any others. Not much to pick from around here, even in bigger towns the girls selections SUCK!! But i had to get these right after i put them on my feet and sat on my bike!

On the Box it said Nitro racing, Touring. I got the Ladies 6, perfect on my feet. I usually buy a 7 ladies shoe but after a bit they get to big. These have felt broke in since i got them.
I was so lucky that they had them in a corner at the Honda Dealer collecting dust, lol.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Angel
Ladies, I gotta tell ya that I'm just not into these boots at all! I am so accustomed to riding in flat soled boots that when I tried them on I almost died laughing at the actual suggestion that one would put these on, go out, tear it up and put a knee down!

What's more, Icon (which I used to love) brought these out in white leather for 2008. What's next? A bike with a built in stripper pole. I like to look good when I ride, but I like to think that I do that by the way I ride, not because I'm wearing white leather boots and pink and white leather chaps that Icon is busy promoting to go with them.

Never mind the fact that at 5'10" like you girls (and thick too) I'd look like an over-sized easter egg! Did I mention that I have red hair too. So now, we have white high heeled boots with pink and white leather chaps and red hair. I think the entire image that presents could be emotionally traumatizing to just about anyone I came across.

To make a long story short, these boots are just the tip of a very cheesy iceberg in my book!

LOL!! Funny! Thanks!

Faye
Michigan Gal

Redline Superbike Member

Faye
CSBR / Fasttrax #121
CMA
CSBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode