Smaller Sized Sport Jackets? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Question Smaller Sized Sport Jackets?

Hello everyone - just joined the forums today, I'm a newbie but there is one frustrating thing standing between me and getting out to enjoy my new bike . . .

I can't find a jacket that fits for the life of me!! I'm 4'11 and I weigh 85 lbs, probably measure about 32B/23/33ish. Do any of you ladies know of a place where I can either get a really small jacket, or possibly where I can have a standard-sized on altered?

Thanks in advance and look forward to getting to know the forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
You're pretty tiny, so you're going to have a pretty hard time finding something to fit regardless. I'd try to search for women's motorcycle accessories and try ordering the smallest size you can find. I have the opposite problem (I'm 5'10" without shoes) so I can't really help beyond that.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 05:02 PM

I've been shopping too, though looking for used stuff (don't have $1000+ today to drop on gear!). Best I can tell, the main folks who make women's performance leathers are vanson, alpinstars, spidi, dainese, and joe rocket... there may be others, but these are what I've found. If you're willing to fork out the cash for a new set, I think some of those folks will make them custom for you. Let me know if you come across a size 4 suit under $500! Good luck!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM

check out barnacle bill's shop @ racingleathers.com - I haven't gotten a price for mine yet, but I hear he is reasonable and does great work.... and lots of the pictures are ladies looking happy with their new suits!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 PM

http://newenough.com/

they will work with ya just give them a call.. i can almost bet they will find somethin to fit ya..

goodluck!

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:53 AM

Good luck i had a hard time with my sizes too. It really did put a damper on the whole thing, you can't just walk in and wear....oh and don't even think anywhere near me has anything for girls but in pink UGH
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:34 PM

I've had a time getting a leather suit! I've finally gotten an Alpinestars Stella Octane and with some mods, it should work. However - know that their sizing chart is just plain wrong! Order two sizes bigger than the chart says you need. I should wear a 38 based on my measurements, but have a 42 that is still too small in the bust. Alpinestars seems to be cut for ladies that are built more like a guy. I guess they subscribe to the "ladies just means smaller" philosophy... Anyway, I'm stuck with it due to an Ebay nightmare, so my other learning is to buy such things from a dealer. Even if it costs a little more, they can usually exchange it for you w/ no shipping costs, and you just have more leeway in general. Good luck to all those lady shoppers - one day they will realize that we spend money too and begin to cater to us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode