i got new leathers... and want to share. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

i got new leathers... and want to share.

hey!

i KNOW this is a huge issue for many of you ladies!! so, i thought i would share my research.

i have a 2 piece set of leathers... (teknic) that are SUPER. they are ladies venom. teknic makes a FINE-fitting set of leathers for female riders that don't have pink flowers anywhere... no stupid flared legs.... leathers for the female form... that likes to R-I-D-E. suitable for street, track AND the privacy of your own home... when you like to parade around and play "racer-girl-gets-caught-by-bad-ass-racer-boy". alas, i digress.

(i've never played that game, for the record. i just thought it was FUNNY!)

for summer wear/comfort i decided i needed perforated leathers. i did all my research... and got REALLY pissed about how expensive and totally unavailable they were in all the local shops!! i hate ordering ANYTHING. the frustration involved just compounds the disappointment.

i got a one-piece teknic chicane suit from new enough for $299. it's a man's suit size 40. using their measurements i measured myself (with help) and got a size up from my measurements. one does NOT want to be "pinched" into leathers. comfort/movement is critical.

that being said... teknic is predictable in size conversion... and quality. it's not easy finding a suit to fit the subtle, yet significant, differences in the female/male form. i'm about 5'6.5". i weigh about 118. i have a normal girl person below the belt (read birthing-type hips and big kiester) and above the belt i have something that looks like a chicken carcass picked clean of meat. you know... the usual.

the leathers fit really GREAT. considering they were made for a small guy.

there is plenty of room in the chest for the after-market mods. OEM is disappointing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newleathers.jpg (24.6 KB, 513 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
You don't need aftermarket chest mods. OEM is always best as long as the tail section is good.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
You don't need aftermarket chest mods. OEM is always best as long as the tail section is good.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. what i didn't mention was... i did my "maternal" duty and... YOU know... nursed 3 wolverine-like children for a year, each.

my after-market mods will basically just be "restoring" a classic. taking her back to "stock" with a slight increase in "displacement".

yes, i had more children than necessary. i'm too fertile and i gotta admit... i love babies.

i'm thinking somewhere between "pam-anderson hardbags" and "salma-hayek hardbags".

about the fertility issue...... the hubby gets his own "re-mapping" in 28 days.

deb

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 AM

LOL

John

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Nice find!

I love the color! They would match my gloves. I am waiting to see how things go tomorrow, but if things go well, I might have to make a "celebration" purchase or 3.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
Nice find!

I love the color! They would match my gloves. I am waiting to see how things go tomorrow, but if things go well, I might have to make a "celebration" purchase or 3.
i want to STRESS something i failed to in the first post...

NEW ENOUGH is the GREATEST!

always great prices, super customer service and by FAR the most forgiving return policy i've ever found (i've never had a restocking fee).

VIVA LA NEW ENOUGH!!!!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 AM

Chicks

"They would match my gloves" oh brother.

John

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Chicks

actually, this sort of like buying a house to match the car.
*blink blink!

i bought these because i was looking for perforated AND lightest possible color. black is pretty easy to find... these being mostly white with silver... worked out.

it was a practical purchase. i am CHEAP and practical!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Chicks

I have a matching complex... most guys I've known don't mind.

Besides, the bike I want next is white, so the color scheme would match BOTH my gloves AND my bike. See, it all works out! Did I mention my helmet matches my gloves? But I need a new helmet for next year anyway... it'll be 5 years with this one, so it'll be time to upgrade to the AC-12 by then.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
I have a matching complex... most guys I've known don't mind.

Besides, the bike I want next is white, so the color scheme would match BOTH my gloves AND my bike. See, it all works out! Did I mention my helmet matches my gloves? But I need a new helmet for next year anyway... it'll be 5 years with this one, so it'll be time to upgrade to the AC-12 by then.
we all have our "proclivities". (homage to john ritter in "bad santa")

everything i have matches. everything is black/silver. the key is ALWAYS getting neutral/cheap accessories.

you match stuff... i obsess about my own stuff. i'm sort of a NUT about floor care. (read... obsessive compulsive).

if you want to know what CLEANER to match with your delivery system/flooring type... i'm the girl to ask.

that being said... i'm off to my "cleaning forum".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode