i got new leathers... and want to share. - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 01:56 PM

awsome! I have been looking for something like that, no money, but still looking. So much stuff for the guys, so little for us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by chels
awsome! I have been looking for something like that, no money, but still looking. So much stuff for the guys, so little for us
it's annoying, isn't it?

i suggest to every riding-girl out there...

go to your local shops!!! try on every single major manufacturer and line (in men's sizes).... and find the CLOSEST fit.

when i sold a lot of my textile stuff on e-bay i got an e-mail about male to female conversions... i'm going to dig that out.

instead of trying to get the male-dominated sport to conform to us... we should all go with the path of least resistance. conform to what is available. it will be cheaper and... we'll be able to find stuff LOCALLY on CLOSE-OUT racks!!!

i'll post that later.

deb
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:02 AM

Okay, I'll admit it. I make sure things match too. I even think about colors when buying a truck to haul a bike. You don't want those colors to clash either. I actually eliminate certain racing paint jobs if they won't match my leathers. I'm going to blow that off this time because I'm painting the bike desert camo with the Honda wing in red/white/blue flag theme.

My gloves, helmet, leathers and boots always match.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:54 PM

taking a break for a kodak moment

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:57 PM

Leathers

Oh BY Heck!!!!
It sounds as though the ladies in the USofA are as dappy as the ones over here in England.
My other half has a CBR400 in black and silver so got all her leathers to match.
NOW she wants to change her bike (As its that time, she said ! !)
SO as her choice is NOT black she wants NEW leathers AND lid,boots, gloves etc to match her new toy (the one with only one battery)

WHY NOT JUST HAVE BLACK
it goes with any colour bike

Other than that you guys have it easy compared to over here & would swap location anytime
Regards to all
Rick
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 02:04 AM

Looks great and congrats on finding one even if it means stepping out of the box, I am glad you were happily suprised!

I too am a hard fit. I cannot fit ANY girls jacket. Long arms, wide shoulders, small waist. Boobs.

I finally found my perfect jacket. It is a men's Joe Rocket Phoenix. Nope, not the women's even the large was totally bad and uncomfy. I am the comfy type, I need that much more than looks.

The men's small in the Phoenix fits great, long arms, small waist, wide shoulders. And it actually looks good, with dual armour in removable and permanent! Love it! With waterproof liner, I could go on...

But I also found the best pair of boots after two years of not finding a good fit. They too, are men's! Icon field armour, in a size 6 fits my size 7.5 girly narrow feet. Love them And, you are right about closeouts - I paid $59 instead of $159 cause they were small and didn't sell - they shoudl have marked them as 'women's HAHA

I admit tho, I just bought some girly gloves... I have little hands, and my old ones wore out. I protested but finally I actually like the dumb glittery flowers, Darn Jill Rocket, LOLOL

Last edited by fawnmodel; 03-26-2007 at 02:07 AM.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 04:40 AM

I gave up on finding women's leathers that actually fit a loooong time ago. Being blessed with my father's height (6') wide shoulders, big feet and very little in the chest department (my sister got all the boob genes) makes men's stuff a much better match.

The A-star V4 jacket fits wonderfully and Sidi boots are heaven on the feet. The best gloves so far have been the Teknic Violator/Violator Pro series. Pants are whatever I can find. Currently it's a pair of Gerick alien leathers and a pair of A-star AST-1 textile sized to fit over jeans.

As far as color goes I just get black. Black goes with everything and with an eye-burning orange cycle and lid wearing more orange would look like the Great Pumpkin going down the road.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 03:31 PM

OK, what I want to know is: my wife has, well, big kachoongas. Small waist. 5'8", long arms. So how do you go about finding a good leather jacket with armor to fit her?

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally posted by fuster
OK, what I want to know is: my wife has, well, big kachoongas. Small waist. 5'8", long arms. So how do you go about finding a good leather jacket with armor to fit her?
Short answer, you don't. I'm not well-endowed, but I am 5'10" with what my parents refer to as "monkey arms". It's a game of trying everything on and going with the closest fit.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 10:18 PM

Yes, I tell my wife she has "monkey arms", so I am also familiar with that phrase (she hates it...). Well that really is too bad.

Maybe we have to go with a custom job from Vanson, Bates, etc. There is not that much in store stuff that would fit her. But I never thought of trying the men's stuff on her, I figure the waist is too generous. I know Vanson will send you a kit with detailed instructions to take measurements for a custom order.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode