Anyone else ever get so fed up... - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
...I put up with it for 5 years... I'm done. There is only so much shit people can take before they get tired of it...
Saturn, I'm the youngest of four. I've been copping sh*t from my older siblings (and PLENTY of other people) for going on 35 years, but I don't let it get me down. I figure if that's the worst that life can throw at me, I'll live forever.

Don't let these people beat you. WHO you are is what defines you, not WHAT you ride.

That being said, I agree that you should take a break. Your passion for riding may never return but, in the meantime, riding without your head in the game just isn't safe.

Take it easy on yourself...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Thanks for the responses everyone.

The 636 just isn't manageable... I can't even see the dials without being in full tuck... or looking through the top of the windscreen. It's just a bummer since I am so in love with it.

As for the Seca... I might just try returning it to stock over the winter because it doesn't do anything for me with all the aftermarket stuff done to it... it just makes me more angry about the fact my bike isn't what I want. I know, I'm the older edge of the "instant gratification" generation and I need to earn my money and earn the bike I want... I hope I get there someday, but until then someday isn't soon enough.

I went for a 175+/- mile loop on Saturday, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I used to. We'll see...

Last edited by saturntangerine; 06-12-2006 at 05:41 PM.
post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the responses everyone.

The 636 just isn't manageable... I can't even see the dials without being in full tuck... or looking through the top of the windscreen. It's just a bummer since I am so in love with it...
Damn, I'm your height and I'm in love with the 636 too! I actually prefer the look of the earlier models (around 2000-02).

What about changing the screen to a double-bubble? Would that make the dials more visible???

post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
Damn, I'm your height and I'm in love with the 636 too! I actually prefer the look of the earlier models (around 2000-02).

What about changing the screen to a double-bubble? Would that make the dials more visible???
Everyone tells me it makes it better, but I just can't justify buying a bike that I have to modify just to ride it within reason.

I swear, I'd marry that bike if I could... and to make matters worse I just got off the phone with my dad and he was like "I just found an 05 636 - it's used, but it's green. Should I find out what they want?" I had to say "unless they want to donate it to the I have no money charity, I can't afford it... besides, I want gunmetal or orange, in that order".
post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Everyone tells me it makes it better, but I just can't justify buying a bike that I have to modify just to ride it within reason...

...I want gunmetal or orange, in that order".
No different to putting seat covers and a stereo in your cage.

This is a 2001 model in the colour I want...

post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 11:43 PM

I agree that the 636 is dead sexy and I may end up getting one for my next ride, you can make any bike work for you, get it and get the double bubble, I have soo much money invested into my car it isn't funny, but I never drive it. Oh and I feel your pain on the being too big thing at 6'4" any SB is a little tight just learn to cope with it. And find some new riders to hang with, hell get some friends from work or something into bikes, it isn't that hard to do with fuel being what it is these days, maybe find a group that isn't composed of sportbikers, I hate to say it but all the sb clubs around here ride when I work so I ride with the H.O.G. and if you know who they are then you know what real harrassment for a sport bike is
post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

I am more accepted in the cruiser groups than the sportbike groups. Most guys on cruisers (and yes, even Hardley Ablesons) accept me because they have a MUCH larger female fan base than the sportbikes have.

As for being tall... I am not exceptionally tall, though I am tall for a girl... but I have a 34" inseam, so my legs are cramped no matter what I do. And I have bad knees from competitive figure skating for 10 years. I just try to suck it up and work through the pain.

I see your point about modding a car, but the thing is, I do that for my own pleasure... not so I can operate it safely. We'll see. Maybe I will go check out that used 636 and get an idea what the used market looks like.
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Strength and Honor

Just got on this thread and I'm a recent buyer of a Titanium '05 636. I couldn't see the gauges or the turn signal indicator and the double bubble made a huge difference. Cost: $60 and a monkey could install it.

The going rate for the bike is roughly $4500 near me so they are somewhat expensive. But in light of their age and the low/no maintenance, exactly what I wanted.

But saving money if you want to target it sounds to be the trick. As a penny-pincher, cutting all restaurant meals out and having more than two jobs was how I got through much of college. I suspect that you can find lots of tips online if you really want to.

Your comments tell me you're just ready to move up but lack the dough. That conflicts with comments about being tired of riding. Maybe a misread but my opinion is that if you'd like the glove-like feel of the '05/'06 636s, all you can do is save like mad.

And let me give you kudos on doing your own work. Even if it created problems, you've learned a great deal and probably know more about how bikes work than those who mock you, ironically. The fact that you're female does hurt you in some circles (especially grease monkeys) but IMO only the uneducated would hold that against you.

I understand your concern for cages but that just means you should get out and ride as far from the city as possible. I have never ridden in groups because there are few riders I would trust with my life.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 AM

I offer $12 for the bike.
post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM

I would imagine the cruiser groups like hog would be more accepting of females than most sb groups, but as a large guy on any sport bikes, I get made fun of by them alot, all in good fun though. get that 636 you won't regret it although you may if you don't get your dream bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode