Anyone else ever get so fed up... - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 01:29 PM

It just sounds like a pissy crowd to me. I have one of the ugliest bikes, due to my own actions, that I have come across in awhile. It doesn't bother me that its a pink/purple with 90% of the plastics missing, broken electrical switches, and many other issues. My opinion is, if your bike is a pristine peice of art, then your not pushing it far enough. I don't ride in groups often though, and when I do its usually with cruisers, but I enjoy riding by myself alot more than groups anyways. Sorry to hear that riding has lost its glammer for you though. Don't let the actions of a few effect your way of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
I know I'll never be happy with any bike I get, and I know I'll never get any credit for what I can or cannot do.

Obviously you've never ridden a Ducati!

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #13 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally posted by mac020
Obviously you've never ridden a Ducati!
Riding a Ducati... is that code for being a poser? JOKING.

I couldn't ride a Duc... The bike I love is much too small for me, so I'll never be able to have what I want. I think that's why I am so unhappy with what I have.

post #14 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:39 PM

Bummer! But I'd bet you'd really like a Monster.

P.S. This "poser" has about 200,000 miles under his belt! bout 25,000 on a Duc.

post #15 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Nah, the monster really doesn't do anything for me. I'm 5'10" so it goes in the "uncomfortable" category just like almost every other sportbike.

I gave my heart to the 05 636 in gunmetal but I don't fit well on it.
post #16 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 AM

This is a rediculous thread. Tangerine, stop being such a pussy. The Seca II is not a bad bike at all. Sportbikes don't fit us tall people... get over it. Screw what the other in that one group say. Who gives a shit about them. Comfort isn't an issue when you are blasting through curves. I'm one that has no problem riding alone. Riding the curves gets my mind off of everything but the riding.

Of course I'm just busting your chops but you need to do what is in your heart for you and forget about what the others say.
post #17 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:59 PM

Yea, you should just give it up!

post #18 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:26 PM

Saturn,

If it doesn't make you happy, it's time to move on. But I really hate to hear why you want to move on. Why don't you just take a break for a month or so, let time and stupid people pass for a little while and see if you miss it. If you miss it then you know to keep riding and just need to find some more mature/respectful riding partners. If you don't miss it, then sell. But sometimes all we need is a little break to show us how important something really is to us.

Wish we were closer I'd ride with you and not make fun of your Seca unless you made fun of my Ninja.

Keep your head up!

Lindsey
post #19 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Ditto Saturn...

if it's not in your heart anymore then it's understandable BUT don't let a bunch of asses ruin it for you.. I know what you mean about finding the right group to hang with... I got lucky with the folks that put redline together and then all the new ones that have come together since then... it dont' matter what kind of ride you got.. if it runs and gets you where you wanna go on two wheels you're welcome

I think the Seca's ar a good reliable ride... nothing wrong with them... but it is a far cry from the 636 if you're in love with those... have you checked to see if they have those risers to bring the handlebars up higher kinda like they have for the TL's? this way you're not so hunched over ??? not sure what there could be done with foot pegs to make that more stretched out for you.. I've heard of some getting brackets that are ment to raise the foot peg for more track clearance and actually install them upside down to lower the pegs for easier dragracin heigth ... where there is a will there usually is a way....

hope you don't give up riding for the wrong reason hun cuz you're only gonna regret it later... take a break if need be and come back to it when things calm down

and as for saving that $.. come on... we've all waisted more than that with nothing to show for it... so even if you don't wanna ride right now still renew your license so when you are ready again you're all set...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #20 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:20 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you want to give up riding for the numerous reasons you've given. I say give it a rest for a little while and see if you miss it. You should be riding for your own reasons and not let the posers get to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode