Anyone else ever get so fed up... - Page 10 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 PM

sorry 2 C U sold it -The Seca is a pretty damn freakin' cool one-off ride. Wish U had run into a different crowd - 2 wheels beat 4 any day well except maybe if you win the lottery and get a new ferrari . . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JB_Pgh
Die thread die!
ok some cpr and electric shock, IT LIVES hehehe.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
You'll note that I sold it about a year after everything went down.

The bike was up for inspection and it wasn't going to pass. I had a choice to drop $4-500 into a 13 year-old bike to keep it on the road (and another $4-500 to make it WORTH keeping on the road) or I could sell it and pay off a credit card. For once in my life, I opted to be financially responsible.

It's in the works to buy another bike over the winter, and this will be a bike worth keeping (regardless which of the 3 targets I end up with this time around).

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 07:54 PM

i didnt take the time to read the whole thread..jast the first andlasts parts.i hope you have another bike by nowand are enjoying it either alone or with a more mature group of riding buddies...if not, move down south and you can ride with me..haha
post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
No bike just yet... I spent my money on playoff tickets... only to have the Steelers lose in the last 40 seconds of the game.

There is a job change in the works, and possibly a house (depending on said job) so the bike might have to wait another year. Good things come to those who wait.
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 PM

well, all i can say is that if you are thinkin a 636 DO IT!! i got an 03 and i love it more than anything. realisticly looking back, financially i shouldnt have done it......now, financially, i shouldnt keep it........ but if anyone wants that bike to go anywhere without me on it, its gonna be on my cold dead body!!! as for the jackasses that cause all this, like others have said i think its a small majority of peep but theyre out there. just like kids in school that pick on others for their clothes or whatever. i know you said you didnt enjoy your 175+ mi. ride as much as you used to, but if you got that "not happy with it" attitude youre not gonna! Try not to let others and their immaturity/assholeish-ness or what ever the case may be ruin something that you enjoy. if you like riding what youre riding, RIDE IT. who cares what it looks like, what year, brand, or size. if youre on two wheels with an engine that runs theres always peep to go ridin with, and forget the rest!
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

I know this thread has been dead, but I saw someone took the time to reply a few months ago, and I figured I'd provide an update.

I caught quite a financial windfall (no, it wasn't the lotto, so don't get too excited) but I managed to buy an 05 SV650S with only 8100 on the odo when I picked her up. I LOVE my new bike, and riding has moved up on my priority list once again - much to the chagrin of my running/training schedule.

Knowing how much I still love riding, I know that I just needed a bike that fit ME and who I am better. Making a learner's bike into a hotrod isn't going to happen on most peoples' budgets, and I just couldn't see that forest through the trees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in