Cancer and my surgery on August 10th - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 AM

Re: Tiffany sportbikegirl

Quote:
Originally posted by cbrdad
Thanks to all of you who remember my daughter Tiffany Weirbach sportbikegirl.com I have now completed writing the book about my remakable daughter. I hope I can find a publisher and have it available in 2006

Thanks again
Tiffany's dad
ah, another "once upon a time old timer here"...

I actually wrote to tiffany way back in 99 I think, right after I got back into MC at age 25 with my VTR996. Inspired by her story I had a mole on my back checked out, and sure enough, it had to be removed but was not malignant. I now have a silver dollar sized scar to remind me.... If it weren't for her story/ her website, and her kind reply (yes I admit I was a bit infatuated with her, damn she was a lovely girl ) I may not have had that looked at.

I'll buy that book.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:29 PM

Re: Tiffany sportbikegirl

Quote:
Originally posted by cbrdad
Thanks to all of you who remember my daughter Tiffany Weirbach sportbikegirl.com I have now completed writing the book about my remakable daughter. I hope I can find a publisher and have it available in 2006

Thanks again
Tiffany's dad
I'm one of the old guard here that did chat with Tiff. She was a great one.

I'm going to send you some info for a publisher that published a friend's book she wrote about her recovery from anorexia/bolemia. Might be some useful info.

Good luck,

John
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:31 PM

Please let us know when the book is released.

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 AM

Although I never knew Tiffany personally, I knew of her and her website. It wasn't until March 2003 that our connection became real, however. They found Melanoma on my shoulder that month and thanks to her website and the work her family does to this day to get the word out on Melanoma I was able to find all the information I could on the disease. Thankfully it was caught early enough and I still get checked every 3-4 months now with no new "spots" to report.

Tiffany has never left my mind beyond the fact that I had Melanoma. We were born the same year, loved track days and racing, photography and boys. Everything I have read by her, reminds me of me and I have never stopped wanting to do something to help preserve her memory and bring awareness to Melanoma.

When I co-founded the Women's Sportbike Rally in the winter of '05-'06 I knew some day I wanted there to be a connection between the rally, Melanoma and THE Sportbikegirl. I even contacted Tiffany's father Judd in Jan. '06 to talk to him about my ideas but I didn't know what it was I could do back then having no idea what to expect at the first rally. After the first event at Deals Gap last August, I knew there was something there because of the feedback we got and the nearly 40 women who came. (We were hoping for 15 or so!)

So as we began planning the 2nd rally set for this August, I contacted Judd to let him know all the proceeds from the 2007 Rally would be donated to the Tiffany Weirbach "Sportbikegirl" Melanoma Foundation . I feel so fortunate that Tiffany's parents are even driving from Oregon to North Carolina to attend, do a book signing for his new book Dad's Girl and even bring Tiffany's CBR900RR. You can't imagine how excited I was to hear that and I look forward to meeting them.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say or do with this post, but I know she touched a lot of people's heart and I wanted everyone to know that she still touches people years after she has passed on. I only wish I could have known her.

Check your skin people. If not for yourself or your family do it for THE Sportbikegirl.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 PM

Tiffany

I want to use this medium to thank you for your continued support for the fight for melanoma awareness to other riders. I am looking forward to being at the womens sportbike rally...
As Tiff would have said "It is the right thing to do" Go for it!

cbrdad for sportbikegirl......
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Congratulations to both of you on your courage and strength in fighting against this terrible disease.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM

To my daughter, another of your birthdays has just once again passed by. The memories and love for you will always be what sustains both your mother and I as we advance in years. Thousands of other riders from around the world continue to remember "sportbikegirl" and the impact she made on peoples lives.....

Love and miss you..

Dad
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:00 PM

Judd, I still think of you almost daily and the wonderful opportunity I had in 2007 of meeting you personally. I hope the next time is not too far away. Please give your wife a hug for me and tell her I am thinking of her too. I hope you two are doing good and hope to hear from you soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode