Any of you have NOS - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to MFFJM2
Talking NOS

I had a NOS kit put on my 1992 ZX-11 Ninja, and then took the bike to Bonneville Salt Flats in September 1993 and tried for 200 mph. I did get 201 mph on my first pass, but on the return I had a headwind and only managed 197 mph, which averaged out to 199 mph for the official run. You should have no problem with your sportbike as long as you realize the only time you should be using NOS is with the engine wide open. I now own a Suzuki Hayabusa, and am considering putting a NOS kit on it...but it already does almost 200 mph. NOS just acts as an oxygen delivery system to your engine. Basically it allows you to put more oxygen into the mixture, and then pack more fuel into the mix as well.

Last edited by MFFJM2; 08-15-2001 at 12:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 07:18 PM

If drag racing the faster you get the throttle wide the faster you can spray.

P/S. I spray my bike in first gear.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2001, 02:48 PM

this is coming from knowledge of working on my civic but most honda cars are high compression like sportbikes... the thing u are supposed to to when forced induction (turbo/super/nos) is to get low compression pistons (ie JE, extrude hone, i dont know any bike specific piston manufacturers) which will lower your CR and allow you to run higher boost... this will be much safer and gentle for your internals... also when looking at nos there is the wet and dry systems each with their respective advantages/disadvantages. I would look into a throttle activated switch.. so that it will only enagage at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). 15-25 shot sounds reasonable... as for me... the 600cc stock i have is scary enough without a cage and airbags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode