Ladies Leathers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2000, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Wink

Well, apparently I am built like a man. I like low-waisted pants and I don't have much of a chest, so the men's stuff suits me perfectly. Lucky for me, unlucky for my husband! hehe

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 Honda CBR600F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 06:11 AM
Lifetime Premium

Hey Gals, quick question. Do you have to
suffer with leather's intended for men or are
there sources for women's full leathers?
How about boots and gloves too.. Is it all
uni-sex? (Thank god they don't make
different frames for the sexs like
bicycles.)??

Thanks,
Chris

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited July 03, 2000).]
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 06:43 AM

Depending on how you are built, I would say that 85% of women have to suffer when trying to buy a decent set of leathers...

No matter how tiny you are, we are built to have babies and most women have hips and err, "stuff" that don't fit too well in guys apparel... Generally, when women throw on guys gear, they find that there isn't enough room in the hips of the pants, the waists are too big, the arms are to long, and there isn't enough material in the right places up top....

Where I work, we have tons of different things for men to buy in terms of leather... There are lots of companies specializing in the gear for the guys, but not for the women.
Most compainies that spend time and energy in designing good gear for girls also expect you to spend that much in money... Ladies can get awesome suits from companies like Vanson, Spyke, Dianese, Frank Tomas, and Fieldshire to name a few.... But the price tag for one of these suits is about 1500... Canadian or American, depending on the model...

I have a two piece ladies suit from Teknic... The ONLY SUIT they make for women while there are roughly 30 or more styles for men that range from less to more expensive... I have to buy everything separate for it, pucks, back protector, armor, etc... And the thing doesn't even have vents.... That's that part that really bugs me b/c does anyone really think that women don't sweat as much as guys when we are blistering down a set of curves, testing the last available traction of our tires, and getting ever so close to draggin knee on am awesome country road....

You've opened up a touchy subject here for me amigo.... If I complain about there not being enough good quality gear available for women in motorcycling, there are some at the shop I work at that are none to happy to proclaim that women shouldn't be on bikes period....

But that will all change soon.... Very soon....

KIRSTY...

PS... I still have to re-send your e-mail

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site [URL=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/9025]

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 12:50 PM

Okay Chris, that's enough. Just say what you mean. You like girls in tight leathers. I can see right through this front of "real concern".

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 02:13 PM

Wink

Well, I didn't fit well into men's leather pants, however, I fell in love with some chaps! They are wonderful!! Easy to put on and take off, and they help so much against the wind unlike just jeans do. (Plus the added bonus is that my husband likes the way they look too!!

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 03:17 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I am 5'2 115lb and nothing fits. I do know of a place in Florida that does custom leathers to your measurements for 700 for a jacket and pants and it goes up from there. You can have up to 3 different colors and just about any type of design. There are a few places online that I have found that has stuff. Has anyone tried www.motagear.com that has some cool stuff.

------------------
My Speed World
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 03:42 PM

My wife can't find leathers that fit right. She has ordered a First Gear Cordura suit. It is driving her crazy because it is on back order. I met a girl(oops a lady)on the Cherohala Skyway about a month ago who was 5'2" and was wearing and all black set of Bates Leathers that fit her well. And I don't mean that in a sexual way. She was small and the leathers looked like the were made for her. I don't know if Bates does custom leathers or not.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2000, 07:10 AM

Women and leathers...ummmmm....leathers (Homer voice) Pictures Please

------------------
Clark
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2000, 09:22 PM

Yes I "suffered" but i dont anymore. I found gloves that are women's made by Frank thomas. And alpine Star racing boots in a men's size 6 to fit my ladies foot...it's annoying but more and more companies are on the bandwagon to produce WOMENS shi*....it's about time!

I do wear Size 50 men's Texport leathers and they fit like a dream only the jacket when zipped together is a tad long. Im 5'8 thank god for that! Apart from that they are fantabulous!!

Tiffany

------------------
"It only counts on a racetrack... and the road ain't one"
See my website: www.sportbikegirl.com

[This message has been edited by CBRGIRL77 (edited July 08, 2000).]
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 08:43 PM

Cool

A few weeks ago my wife and I set out in search of street boots and leathers for her. After stopping at about a half dozen of the largest motocycle dealers in Silicon Valley we gave up and drove to Mota Gear in Berkeley. They specialize in women's gear, and had the right size leather pants in stock. The boots that fit best are on backorder, but should arrive soon.

Check out their web site at http://www.motagear.com/

Why don't parts department managers understand how much business they're losing by ignoring half their customers?

------------------
"For every action there is an equal and moronic overreaction."
Peter Egan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode