How many women riders? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

How many women riders?

Just curious as to how many active women riders there are on this board. I am active, but not a rider

and this emoticon is just because its cute

try the chat room: http://gabbly.com/http://sbw.sportbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 AM

woman rider

I am a new sb rider - just got my Kaw. Ninja 250 2 weeks ago. I've been gettting out for a short ride almost every day. I've signed up for a basic rider course in July that will (if I pass) get me my endorsement. I actually took the MSF course 2 years ago, but then chickened out on taking the DMV test. I am a stay-at-home mom of two boys. I am not terribly active on this board, but I do check in at least once a day.

Patty
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

congrats on the new bike! I still have not done the course or the written test. Though it looks like I will be writing the test next week Then hopefully the MSF course as soon as possible.

try the chat room: http://gabbly.com/http://sbw.sportbikes.com

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Some days are like this.

I've been licensed since '97, riding my own bike since early 2002. I started on a Buell Blast, which I still have, but moved up to an '00 F4 less than 100 miles later.

I have been pregnant/nursing since Feb of '04, so I haven't really been on a bike since. Once this kiddo comes, I plan on spending more time in the saddle, but that won't be until next spring.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Misha
Hey all,

I've been endorsed for about a year but I just recently bought my first bike. 97 Ducati Monster 750. I've been out on it a few times and LOVE IT!!!

~~Michelle~~

"The worst thing in life is wasted talent"

"I'm not high maintenance but my bike is..."

Last edited by Misha; 05-19-2006 at 06:52 AM.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Do 4-wheelers count? I don't have a sport bike yet, but boy oh boy do I want one!! As a matter of fact, I've wanted a motorcycle for at least 31 of my 38 years!!! I've ridden a few lower end cc's, but I've never owned one

I got a 4-wheeler 5 years ago thinking that would curb my desire to ride on the streets. NOT!!! I also thought the ATV might be safer for an old gal. Well, two knee surgeries later I realize that if it's got a motor you can crash in and/or on it!! Not to mention the fact that it's getting harder and harder to find legal places to ATV in my area.

Anyway, my plan is to have a bike my the end of the month, and to complete a MSR course by the end of June. So, if all goes well perhaps some of you will pass by me on the hightway by July....
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to MeiJin Send a message via Yahoo to MeiJin
I am an active rider.

Helmets save lives, I'm living proof.

People are so attracted to me they hit me with their cars.
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 07:58 AM

Well im new here, but i have been on bikes for almost 2 years. not long enough to master it,, but im learning..
although i ride sleds, and wheelers, i tend to be a motor head...
I wish i was more active on the road today than on here...lol

"dont be intimidated, im just a girl...who likes to play with the big boys..
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:32 AM

I got my bike in the end of January. Almost 1000 miles on it now, and I just had my first accident on Sunday. Live and learn, fix the turn signal, get back on and ride some more! I got a 2005 Ninja 250.
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 06:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
I've been around the block, and southwestern Pennsylvania, and most of West Virginia...

2006 is my 5th season of riding. I just realized about a week ago that I've been licensed for 4 years now since my license is up for renewal in August. Makes me feel old. I've gone through 2 bikes in that time, and sadly enough, I still have my Yamaha. At least it sounds like a motorcycle now, instead of a lawn mower (long story... just don't ask anyone else from Pittsburgh... please).

I haven't been on this site in AGES, but I have had a serious hankerin for riding the last few weeks so I figured I'd make an appearance again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode