How many women riders? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FASHER
Do 4-wheelers count? I don't have a sport bike yet, but boy oh boy do I want one!! As a matter of fact, I've wanted a motorcycle for at least 31 of my 38 years!!! I've ridden a few lower end cc's, but I've never owned one

I got a 4-wheeler 5 years ago thinking that would curb my desire to ride on the streets. NOT!!! I also thought the ATV might be safer for an old gal. Well, two knee surgeries later I realize that if it's got a motor you can crash in and/or on it!! Not to mention the fact that it's getting harder and harder to find legal places to ATV in my area.

Anyway, my plan is to have a bike my the end of the month, and to complete a MSR course by the end of June. So, if all goes well perhaps some of you will pass by me on the hightway by July....
What are you getting and where at? I've bought 4 sportbikes at Sloans in Murfreesboro over the last 10 years. They have about everything there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 01:15 PM

I must have missed the boat at Sloans. I call them every few days, and I keep missing thier used models.

I'd take a nice used Katana 600 or an old Ninja 600, might even go for a 500 sport.
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:18 PM

I used to be an active member here, does that count for anything?

post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
riding since 6 yrs old..
licensed since 15 yrs old...
total riding time 29 yrs
hopefully actively riding for another 30+

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by praxedes
I used to be an active member here, does that count for anything?

Not really, no.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM

Cool

I'm an active member ( just ) and have been riding for 4 years now i started on Suz Intruder 750, then took over my boyfriends 01 Suz Intruder 1500, now FINALLY i have my sports bike its an 01 Suz Katana 600, great for me cause i'm short and can touch the ground.
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:08 AM

riding for over 2 yrs, hoping to hop on a gsx600 k7 by next year
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 AM

Thumbs up too active

I ride at several times a week I have an 04' RC-51. If the weather cooperates I'm out there! I'm lucky, I don't work and have kids that r in school all day or durring summer break, the older one bb sits 4 me. So I have alot of free time. I don't post very much cuz I'm busy riddin ! I usually check the Redline board couple times a week just to see whats happening, Lets get out n ride ladies! PM or e-mail me I live near Mt. Clemens
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM

V-Twins is right - lets get out ladies- she dragged my butt to Tin Fish on Tuesday night near New Baltimore, Mi and I had a blast! Been riding for 2 years now- ready soon for a new bike. I have a Ninja ex 500- looking to upgrade soon- and I will if I keep riding with her!
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
a few of us girls on the redline area have been trying to get an all girls ride going... I did this last year with a few and it was a blast!

Only problem is with me being so far north of ya'll it'd be easier if someone from down yonder took the reins to make the route plan this time around.... I have a busy Aug but my Sept is lookin better if anyone wants to jump on this ALL GIRLS ride idea

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode