Bigger bikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Cool Bigger bikes

Quick question from a new member. Are there any women riders that prefer the bigger bikes? I am 5'11" and just went from a GSX-R600 to the 1000 and absolutely love it! My husband and I are thinking about getting the Hyabusa next year because this sharing of one bike thing just isn't working. I realize that it is probably more bike than I will ever use but the power is just amazing. I use my head when I ride and don't ride beyond my limits. I just can't stand tacking the crap out of something to get it to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 02:49 PM

If you are set on getting a busa just use common sensse in riding it. I switched from a R6 to one and have no problems. I also ride a lot and ride sensibly. 15 or 16k a year with only one at fault accident since I started riding caused by a gravel wash on a really twisty road. The bike is amazing if you ride hard or just commute. I finally felt comfortable enough with the bike this year to start railing it.

p.s. when you grind peg on either side there is little room left before you start dragging the lower fairings. The only kind of scratches on a bike that make me smile. Ride safe.

I WAS A POSEUR LAST YEAR AND IT SUCKED. AND THIS YEAR I HAVE 3 POINTS, A CAR WRECK AND ANOTHER DAMN TICKET. I GIVE UP. ................
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 06:30 PM

Hi. I am a female who has been riding for just over a year. I started out on a Suzuki SV650S, and bought an 03 R6 in April. In the past year, I've put on over 21,000 miles, and I've loved every minute of it. I'm only about 5'5" and 115 pounds, but I'm with you on the "big bike" thing. I've been riding a CBR954 and and R1 on a regular basis (ridden a busa too), and I want more power than my 'little bike' has to offer. I'm winding the 'ole six' out in every gear. I agree, you don't have to use all that hp, but once you get used to it...there's no going back. Ride safe and have fun out there.
Lunachick

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:50 PM

As a long time rider of a 600, currently on an R1 ( track and street) and an aprillia RSV (also a liter but street only), with the good fortune to have a Busa in the stable that is the husbands' I can personally say DON'T sell your 1000 - the Busa is nice , the power is awesome but the gixer is a true sport bike and if its the quick turn in, rail like handling you like - it won't be as "there" on the Busa stock. Besides you can never have too many Bikes, the insurance company gives you a discount on multiples for a reason!
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode