gear for the female form - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

gear for the female form

My girlfriend is excited about riding with me once the season comes back around. I've stressed to her that she needs to start looking for leathers. She doesn't seem to like the more colorful offerings out there. I told her that most sportbike wear is adapted from racing gear and tends to be aggressively styled. I guess she wants something in plain black. She also says that it can't be a mens suit made in women sizing. She wants it to fit more like the clothing she is used to. Do any of the ladies have suggestions on a more feminine cut suit? I just want her to be as safe as possible. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 01:48 PM

Try www.gericke-usa.com i think they sell womens gear and i think vanson does as well there are a couple others but i dont remember off the top of my head. I think one of the motorcycle mags did a whole artical on womens gear....good luck

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
We have a fairly large selection of womens gear at Firldsheer.

http://www.fieldsheer.com

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 05:50 PM

I really like the cut on the Super Sport jacket. Any chance of Fieldsheer coming out with women's one pieces anytime soon???
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Robert
Quote:
Originally posted by hot_rocket78
Any chance of Fieldsheer coming out with women's one pieces anytime soon???
Unfortunatly the market for a one piece suit for women is not big enough to invest the money in (according to my boss)

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder
(Who needs sleep?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:40 AM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
I own a women's Fieldsheer jacket and am incredibly happy with it. It's the Carbon Race jacket in black/white/silver. Definitely made for the female form.

My second choice was the Hein Gericke tattoo style jacket, it fit me well. Dainese also makes "real" women's gear.

Erica

-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 08:17 AM

Re: gear for the female form

Quote:
Originally posted by nlemke
My girlfriend is excited about riding with me once the season comes back around. I've stressed to her that she needs to start looking for leathers. She doesn't seem to like the more colorful offerings out there. I told her that most sportbike wear is adapted from racing gear and tends to be aggressively styled. I guess she wants something in plain black. She also says that it can't be a mens suit made in women sizing. She wants it to fit more like the clothing she is used to. Do any of the ladies have suggestions on a more feminine cut suit? I just want her to be as safe as possible. Thanks in advance.

Try 'Joe Rocket'.

Joe Rocket Women's Gear

beachkat
2002 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
1983 Yamaha XJ 750 Maxim
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 08:38 AM

I'm looking for a women's leather jacket with armor, suitable for the track (with a 360 degree zipper to attach to my leather pants), so I've been doing a lot of surfing. I found this on WebBike World.

The text below has hotlinks to all the manufacturers mentioned - go to the site - http://www.webbikeworld.com/women/index.htm - to be able to access the links in the article. (too lazy to code it all)

"Sources for Women's Motorcycle Clothing:

Clothing, boots, accessories, etc. available at Femmegear.

FirstGear appears to use women-specific sizing; however, their website is graphic-intensive and hard to use.

Jackets, pants, chaps, vests, gloves, boots and custom clothing and accessories available at WomanBiker.

IXS Boots, gloves, raingear and more are available at LadyRidersWear.

Leather & Cycle Headquarters has leathers for women in women-specific sizes and in all sorts of styles.

Kawasaki now has women's sized clothing at dealers or on their site.

Motorace imports Dainese and IXS clothing; IXS is a Swiss maker of motorcycle clothing and now carries women-specific sizes on their site.

Teknic also now makes riding apparel in women-specific sizing.

Roadgear makes some nice jackets and pants and they claim to have women-specific sizing, albeit in "S, M or L".

Tourmaster now has women-specific sizes and some nice jackets, pants, rainsuits and gloves.

Triumph has put together a very nice selection of women's motorcycle clothing.

Vanson makes high-quality leathers and will also make custom sizes.

Woman Biker has jackets, pants, gloves, boots and more in women-specific sizing.

Women's Heated Motorcycle Clothing - Vests: The Chilli heated vest is available in shapes designed for women.

Women's Summer - Hot Weather Motorcycle Clothing: New Enough is a great place to do business and currently (January '03) has Joe Rocket Phoenix jackets on sale in women's sizes.

Motorcycle Protective Clothing and Gear for Women: Check out the women's Bohn Body Armor page; Bohn is interested in women's input on what features they'd like to have in protective gear."

beachkat
2002 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
1983 Yamaha XJ 750 Maxim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode