bikes for small people - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

bikes for small people

my friend is small, shes is about 95 pounds and she wants a sporty bike, she is pretty short too. She sat on the ninja 250 and it fits per perfect but she doesnt like the way it looks.....its a girl so you know they care about that. She already took the MSF course and got her liscence. She can barely touch the floor with her feet on my r6 and she wants something that looks pretty and is also small, any suggestion on what kind of bike is out there that is small but still looks sporty and nice?

ps. No offense to the 250 ninjas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 01:19 PM

Didn't you already start a thread about this. ?

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/showth...threadid=29176

It makes sense in my head
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 01:35 PM

My apology. I am the one that sent him over to this form. Just felt that he might get better response from some of the women riders.
I know what it is like to find the same question on different forms. I will not do that again.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 11:01 AM

bikes for small people

I just got my ninja 250 a couple weeks ago. It certainly wasn't my first choice in a bike, but being that I have never personally driven one before I thought it was the best one for me to start out with. I am all of 5'0" and I can sit on the bike with the balls of both feet touching the ground.

I start my bike course next Friday ~ so hopefully after taking the course and getting my licence I will feel a hell of alot more confident on it. My plan is to ride it for the summer and then will look at getting something like a 600 next year.

Jenn

PS: I don't think there is anything wrong with starting out small and working your way up the scale....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter; and those who matter don't mind."
~ Dr Seuss
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 11:31 AM

Re: bikes for small people

Quote:
Originally posted by VoLTRoNx916
my friend is small, shes is about 95 pounds and she wants a sporty bike, she is pretty short too. She sat on the ninja 250 and it fits per perfect but she doesnt like the way it looks.....its a girl so you know they care about that. She already took the MSF course and got her liscence. She can barely touch the floor with her feet on my r6 and she wants something that looks pretty and is also small, any suggestion on what kind of bike is out there that is small but still looks sporty and nice?

ps. No offense to the 250 ninjas
Hate to say this, but maybe a cruiser might be a good fit. That is what my wife ended up on after she had problem reaching the ground on any sportbike. There are some real cool bikes that are not sportbikes as well.

Ever see a Honda Nighthawk. Some of those are super sporty while still being technically a cruiser.

03 Honda 750 Nighthawk

If you find an older one, they had a 250 at one time.

"Stay tuned here for a new quote" scanevalexec
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: Re: bikes for small people

Quote:
Originally posted by scanevalexec
Hate to say this, but maybe a cruiser might be a good fit. That is what my wife ended up on after she had problem reaching the ground on any sportbike. There are some real cool bikes that are not sportbikes as well.

Ever see a Honda Nighthawk. Some of those are super sporty while still being technically a cruiser.

03 Honda 750 Nighthawk

If you find an older one, they had a 250 at one time.
Good advice, unfortunately the original question was asked in Nov. of 2002, so I would imagine they already got a bike by now. Sometimes these old threads pop up and nobody realizes they are sometimes years old.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 03:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: bikes for small people

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
Good advice, unfortunately the original question was asked in Nov. of 2002, so I would imagine they already got a bike by now. Sometimes these old threads pop up and nobody realizes they are sometimes years old.
Damn! How embarassing.

"Stay tuned here for a new quote" scanevalexec
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 08:38 PM

I have a 250 also. While I've ridden larger bikes, I can't afford to get one and also modify it so that my 5'4 frame can comfortably control it. (Do-able, but not all that safe with only toes touching!) I had some advice from an SV site, and these guys were 5'4 and 5'5. They had shaved an SV1000's seat and said it was not only much easier to handle, but still remained comfortable.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 04:46 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaya
I have a 250 also. While I've ridden larger bikes, I can't afford to get one and also modify it so that my 5'4 frame can comfortably control it. (Do-able, but not all that safe with only toes touching!) I had some advice from an SV site, and these guys were 5'4 and 5'5. They had shaved an SV1000's seat and said it was not only much easier to handle, but still remained comfortable.
At 5'4" you should be able to get onto the balls of your feet. My wife is 5'1" and we lowered a 600 about 1.75" for her to be able to get the balls of her feet down. While ideally she would be flat footed, it was good enough to balance the bike.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 12:34 PM

I adjusted the suspension on my ZX6R (2000). It didn't make much of a difference but it gave more "bounce" and also helped the bike handle bumps better in the turns. The suspension was way too stiff and the back tire would just jolt and I felt a little unstable when I was leaning harder.

Regardless, I am 5'3" and 112 pounds. I reach my toes on the ground but got the balance down to an art after 9 months on my 250. It feels perfectly stable leaning over a bit when I wait at a light or something. If I get bored I put down the kickstand and snooze for a bit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode