bikes for small people - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 05:21 PM

I'm 5'3" and 117 lbs. I've been riding since I was 17, almost 20 years now. I would either deal with tippy-toeing on a sportbike or settle for a cruiser. Just gave my Intruder 800 to my dad and bought an '04 SV650S. I shaved the stock seat down first and installed a gel pad. The stock seat was uncomfortable and had lines in the foam that just dug into my scrawny butt after 10 minutes. Then we switched out the dogbones and lowered it almost 2 inches. What a difference! Now I am so much more comfortable and confident riding. It's amazing what a little height difference will do. I was told to lower the front shocks a little to keep the handling of the bike even. I haven't done this yet but I only noticed a small change in the steering reaction.

Web site for lowering links: http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/...ering_kits.htm

Web site to install gel pads
http://www.itrocks.com/motorcycles/gel_seat.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

When you are lowering a bike because you are not quite as tall, you should consider:

1) Proper suspension settings (preload, ride height, damping options)

2) Lowering the front and rear of the bike to maintain (or obtain) usable geometry.

I've seen a rider or two compromise height for proper suspension/geometry. Several of them are no longer riders because of the experience.

Take your time. Do it right. Enjoy....

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 05:45 AM

Re: bikes for small people

Quote:
Originally posted by VoLTRoNx916
my friend is small, shes is about 95 pounds and she wants a sporty bike, she is pretty short too. She sat on the ninja 250 and it fits per perfect but she doesnt like the way it looks.....its a girl so you know they care about that. She already took the MSF course and got her liscence. She can barely touch the floor with her feet on my r6 and she wants something that looks pretty and is also small, any suggestion on what kind of bike is out there that is small but still looks sporty and nice?

ps. No offense to the 250 ninjas
The K6 has an unbelievably low clearance.. I have a friend who is 5 foot 2 and she can touch the ground on the new GSXR 1000... and she loves it.
If your friend prefers sports bikes and riding twisties, then you cant go past it.

"What do you want me to do? Slow down?" - Mick Doohan

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 AM

Nowadays many bikes available in the market, which small peoples also able to ride that kind of bike. Bike manufactures produce small bikes as well with great looks and feature. It is great for small peoples.

www.sportbikeworld.com
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 03:50 AM

Nowadays many bikes available in the market, which small peoples also able to ride that kind of bike. Bike manufactures produce small bikes as well with great looks and feature. It is great for the peoples who are small in height.

www.sportbikeworld.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in